Any ideas what this could be? (posting for Nicole) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed With Turtles

Exclamation Any ideas what this could be? (posting for Nicole)

Hey guys I am posting this for Nicole (capnsweets) as she can't get on right now - but will be on later to check on this thread.

Her mom just came home to find her cat soaking wet. She is full of a clear/white fluid that has a bad smell to it. She is unsure where this leaking is coming from & has a call into the vet. I don't believe the cat got into anything either.

In the mean time can anyone possibly offer some suggestions as to what this could be that she is leaking?

Nicole will be on later this evening & will check in this thread.

Thanks for any possible explanations you may be able to provide!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:34 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

The first things to come to mind are drool or vomit. Either way, I'd take her in and have her checked out if it continues.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

I can't imagine anything other than what Jade suggested... Hopefully the vet can shed light on the situation. I do hope it is nothing serious.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I thought the same as Jade. I'd have her get the cat to the vet as soon as she can.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

The cat is leaking something white from it's butt/peep area. It smells terrible, cat is acting fine. They are going to the vet first thing in the morning!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 05:10 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

I hope the kitty is all right. Keep us updated.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

could it be her anal glands?

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Newborn Pup

fraid I don;t know but hope the kitty is OK, Please keep us informed

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 06:44 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

How is the kitty doing today.I hope it is not very serious

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 06:48 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

It was her anal glands, 20 pts. for Trickie Smurf! They said it smelled so incredibly bad, but the Dr. expressed....exumed....them and Oreo is muc h better, thanks for your help guys!

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 06:51 AM
I Heart My Job

Wow, well I'm glad the kitty is ok now.

sparkle->
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

WOW, it was just a wild guess. yay i get 20 pts lol

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I am glad Oreo is doing okay.