Anyone else have a problem... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Glowing New Mommy

Anyone else have a problem...

with your cat wanting to be a rooster?? every morning if we have our bedroom door open, sebastian will come upstairs about 6am and start meowing and walking all over us... scott threw him on the floor twice this morning for doing it.. i think its funny, but now the cats arent allowed upstairs anymore in the morning

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P Tobbie
September 24, 2007
I'll always miss you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 11:52 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

yep they're like alarm clocks!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

They might be waking you up because food or water is low or empty... otherwise, well, kitties seem to like routine. Theyjust want you to pay attention to them not sleep through what could be ptting and playing time.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 12:45 PM
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

My cat always wakes me up at about 4 in the morning, which is about 2 and a half hours earlier than I usually get up for school. I really don't know why he gets me up then... Sometimes he wants me to pet him, other times just to follow him to the kitchen to show him that his food is still there. He's a little wierd about his food sometimes, he won't eat it unless either someone tops it off, even if it's full, or I pet him and tell him it's ok to eat... Strange kitty...

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

My dad has this problem with one his his cats. She will even use one nail on him if he doesn't respond. he said she doesn't claw him with her entire paw - just one nail. She begins easily and adds more pressure until he gets up. I think she used to bite his ears but now that she has no teeth that really doesn't work anymore!
Cats are so funny!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Glowing New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keritsubo
They might be waking you up because food or water is low or empty... otherwise, well, kitties seem to like routine. Theyjust want you to pay attention to them not sleep through what could be ptting and playing time.
Oh no, its not food time for them... they're on a feeding schedule (kinda) because of tobbie, but he always has access to his food bowl (2 actually) as long as he jumps up on the penisula, and the water bowl is gigantic... i think he just wants to be played with and thinks we've slept enough... trust me, these cats dont have any kind of "routine"..they're.... special Sebastian is just a big ham and loves when anyone pays attention to him,... he'll even lay on his back in front of the dogs kinda like saying "play with me"

R.I.P Tobbie
September 24, 2007
I'll always miss you!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Adolescent Pup

My kitty likes to sleep right next to my head. Every now and then, I'll feel something brush against my face. I opened my eyes a crack a couple of times and watched him. He'll sit there looking at me, then just reach out with his paw and run it down my cheek. He pulls the paw back really fast and sits there like he didn't do anything. "Who me? No, I didn't touch you. But as long as you're awake anyway, do you mind petting me?"
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Newborn Pup

My Cat, Boo, IS my alarm clock. After a few days of me waking up at a certain time, she figures out the general time gap I need to wake up, and will nip my nose and yowl like there's no tomorrow (As tonk's like to do). Alas, there is no snooze button.

Maybe towards 6 am is when your kitty gets restless?

~Two chinchillas
~One kitty named Boo
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 04:40 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

I had a cat that would wake up my mom because she was ready to go back outside (she was indoor/outdoor), the problem was that in the winter she'd still wake mom up but when she showed the cat the door she'd look at you like you were crazy... she was just in such a habit of waking someone up that she did it anyway... even though she had no intention of going outside.... strange and weird are both good words for cats...

Okay, so I've got a mischevious husband and a few buns...

Grand Marshall NutterButter of TFAN

Code Name: Snow White

PT's Official Poker
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Crazy Woman Driver

my cats are the same and after much pondering what theyre doing, ive decided that with one of them at least, its because shes bored and wants attention. If we dont wake up from her walking on us she sometimes rubs her whiskers on my face! Thats just too tickly when youre half asleep!

Caroline
( Just two of my many alter egos )

I
my new job and my girls, Polly puss cat
and Isis puss cat

Tags
food bowl, water bowl