Anyone near Amarillo TX want some kittens? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Anyone near Amarillo TX want some kittens?

I'd estimate they're about 4 weeks old...if that. White/smokey one and two grey/black striped ones. Cute but malnurished and dehydrated. I'm doing what I can with them with what I got, but I can't hardly take care of myself in prime conditions.

There were four, one died tonight I have to assume. P***** me off because I think one of the a******s here at work helped... . Mother has abandoned them. Figured I'd put it up just to see...

White one's real cute (<-- motivation, ya know)

I have a gecko...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

...or does a gecko have me??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Well I guess I get to hang on to them for a while...can't find anyone to pawn them off on.

Been feeding them condensed milk cut half and half with distilled water with a little sugar mixed in. We used to feed mother-less pups a formula that was 1 cup milk, 1 raw egg, and 2 tblspns sugar...don't know if to apply the same to kittens. I fed them about 300 (about 3cc's) units each this morning and have fed them about 1cc every 2 or three hours since. All they do is sleep.

Right now they're in a carboard box lined with paper. I have the flaps fixed to where I can put my heater fan on top of it and blow into the box (they were frigid when I finally brought them in). I have it set to 85*f.

For reference, they've just barely started cutting teeth. The heaviest one is 6.8oz. They were dehydrated and malnurished to the point that their eyes had begun to sink in.

I have a gecko...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

One died.

I have a gecko...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Down to just one, now.

I have a gecko...

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 08:44 PM

Have you tried to find a rescue in your area that can take the kitty that is left in. Also I am not too sure that the mix you are feeding is good for a young kitty I have always heard of using KMR (Kitten milk replacer)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

No place near me. Trust me. I'm so far out in the middle of no where that the ppl out in the sticks say I live out in the sticks..

I have a gecko...

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Well the one that I have left is up and walking very unsteadily every now adn then. Not really on her own, but when she's being bothered by something or when I put her down after feeding her. I would really like to know how much to feed her and how often...

I have a gecko...

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 04:59 AM
Adolescent Pup

Kittens should be fed every other hour at least...escpasially in this poor condition...How old is the one left? Maybe you should try and take som high quality cat food and soften it with KMR and water, so that she get's alot of nutrishment...At the age they can never eat too much.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 05:14 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

...no longer matters...

I have a gecko...

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 07:11 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

That sucks Zero. At least you tried

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 08:00 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweee I'm sorry I missed this thread earlier, and again I'm sorry

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!

Tags
cat food