Babies on the way! - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Rodentologist

Reading the threads from the other forum was pretty eye opening. I didn't see that anyone on the other forum had blamed her for the dog having cancer. However, she posted that the tumor was bigger than a baseball and that the dog couldn't lie down and was in pain, and then the next day missed the vet appointment because she slept all day. She was unable to get to the vet for nearly a week because of things like oversleeping, and not being willing to pay a long distance toll to call her ride.

I spent this morning talking to Cranberry and offering suggestions for how she could keep this from happening again. For all of them, she had excuses. If you're to believe what she's written elsewhere, this is her fifth accidental litter. If something happens five times, it's no longer an accident.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:09 AM
RAT ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennicat View Post
If something happens five times, it's no longer an accident.
I am going to have to agree with that.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:12 AM

Well Jenniecat i agree, and as far as stories go dont really know what to believe as i have heard so many different things about these animals.

I hold out hope simply because it is a scary thing to think of how often these things happen. As for her reasons for not making it, again i agree....i didnt mention that simply because doing so might only chase her away again. I am probably wasting my breath (can it be said that way for typing) by trying to get her to understand. But here she is making those on that board look like the bad guys...and they really are not at all. Most of the ones who brought up her inconsitancies and have finally had enough of it are also rescue workers who see the things that constant over breeding cause ever single day.

What ever her excuses, they are the past...i am hoping this opened her eyes to taking better care in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I was going to get Sasha fixed, but she was our only dog we have no males and my mom didnt think it would really matter
and then i read about all the things that could happen but when i learned this i feared it was a big late
she is 10 or 11 and i know i dont have that much longer with her
i know it was wrong, i had them separated, except to eat, and that had to be when it happened, but there is nothing i can do now, so i am thinking positively.
I am happy that having the more attractive color kittens they will be easier to give away in my neighborhood, wich is pretty much where they are going, ive lived here for 10 years and talked to all the older people who just lost an animal or the people whose kids are now just old enough to have their own pet.
I know everything that happened was wrong, but i didnt bend the truth about anything.
It may have sounded like it somehow, maybe but i didnt.
Is there anything i can do about my old vet though?
I am just so upset with him. Do i tell him the advice he gave me could have put my dogs life in danger or do i just leave it alone?
And i have only had 3 accidental litters, Maddie was already pregnant when i took her in a year ago and Abby came from the same shelter i got cloud from on fort knox, but she had a litter of 3 with her - my mom was fostering her.
Maddie had a HUGE laceration on her neck from the other cats in that household attacking her [and still has the scar] and she was malnourished.
Abby was a rescue that i took in to foster, and ended up keeping. She wasnt pregnant she had a litter of 3 that came with her.

~Mommy of~

Sasha - gsd/whatever - R.I.P Feb, 23, 2010 <3
Bella -Wolf/Rot/GSD
Rhiley - Rot/Lab
Roxxi - Rot/Lab
Gracey - Jack Russel.
The cats - - Maddie, Cloud, Abby, Spawn, Snuggles, Sassy, Tigger, Marley, Sid Vicious, and Jasmine [3 Healthy Kittens.]

Last edited by Cranberry; 02-05-2010 at 11:20 AM.
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:33 AM

the problem isn't just in the fact that your cat is preganat but also in the fact that now those new kittens will have the possibility of bringing even MORE kittens into the world. we are talking more cats than you can even imagine can all come from this one litter of kittens. It is good you found your kittens homes, but do you know without a doubt they will be safe there? Will they be fixed by 6 months by whoever takes them?

Are they going to see a vet before they get rehomed? These are all things you now have to think about. Jasmine can't be responsible for these things. she is just a cat herself. Many people would love to take in a kitten, but you need to make sure before giving them away that they are going to the right kind of home...otherwise the cycle will continue with them.

I know it is a lot of work.......but these are the things a responsible breeded does when placing their animals. only even more indepth. they are now your responsibilty.

As for your vet...i think you just need to go to a different one and forget about him. And remember to ask questions. You dont have to just agree with your vet. they are there to help you understand. If you have a concern bring it up...before it is too late.

All of the risks you read about for sasha are the same for your cats. Pyometra is a BIG concern! Sasha might have life left in her yet....but you have to get her help first!
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:39 AM
It's all for them

My gosh, you are STILL lying! Don't you understand Cranberry, anyone who can read can see that none of your stories add up. So either you are still lying, or you have no sense of the reality or truth of anything. Stop trying to make up stories to make yourself look better. It only makes things worse.

We want to help you. We are concerned about your animals. Please, honey, just admit, you've made mistakes, and now intend to rectify them, by getting ALL your cats spayed and neutered, including the kittens about to come, get those kittens taken care of BEFORE you adopt them out, so they aren't out making even MORE unwanted unneeded animals.

Don't look back, let's look forward to a better, happier healthier animal family in your household. Honestly you will feel much better about yourself, and be able to enjoy your cats in a much better way, when they are not being used as kitten making machines.

As for the "bad vet" by all means call him and ask him why he gave you the advice he did about your beloved dog, and tell him the consequences of his poor advice, and that you are now going elsewhere for your vet care.

Last edited by somebody; 02-05-2010 at 11:45 AM.
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:46 AM

I didnt read about the other dog either. I think i have to go look for that thread in the other forum.

And i agree the best thing you could do for your cats is fix them all...including the kittens.

Somebody...do you have the stats on how many babies one unfixed cat can cause...i saw it on petlovers somewhere before. Do you know what i am talking about? Maybe she needs to see it.
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Theyre going to the vet at probably 6 weeks.. is that the right age?
I just admitted that i made mistakes, are you not paying any attention at all?
Stop talking down to me, and accusing me of lying and help me then
I know what i have and have not done wrong, and i havent lied.
I didnt say anything about where i got abby or maddie from.
So i dont see where you think im lying or what about
The homes i have lined up, are mostly one cat or no cat households.. And the cats that they do have are fixed.
Like i said, they are mostly going to elderly homes or homes to be a childs first pet.
I do not understand how you say you're trying to help me, but youre calling me a liar, and just talking down to me
If you want to help me, have some compassion and just drop it
I already said twice now that i made a mistake.
Leave it alone, please.

~Mommy of~

Bella -Wolf/Rot/GSD
Rhiley - Rot/Lab
Roxxi - Rot/Lab
Gracey - Jack Russel.
The cats - - Maddie, Cloud, Abby, Spawn, Snuggles, Sassy, Tigger, Marley, Sid Vicious, and Jasmine [3 Healthy Kittens.]
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly_Wings View Post
I didnt read about the other dog either. I think i have to go look for that thread in the other forum.

And i agree the best thing you could do for your cats is fix them all...including the kittens.

Somebody...do you have the stats on how many babies one unfixed cat can cause...i saw it on petlovers somewhere before. Do you know what i am talking about? Maybe she needs to see it.
Nobody attacked me in the thread about Sasha not being fixed, because i didnt want to lose her on the table when ive got, maybe 3 or 4 years left with her at best.
I was just saying.

~Mommy of~

Bella -Wolf/Rot/GSD
Rhiley - Rot/Lab
Roxxi - Rot/Lab
Gracey - Jack Russel.
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:13 PM
It's all for them

Oh dear, I did not mean to sound like I was talking down to you at all, I was going for sympathetic.

Six weeks is too young for the kittens to be weaned and leaving their mama. You can start offering them kitten food by six weeks, but they should not be taken from the mother that young. Ideally they should be with her until at least 8 weeks, but 10 is better. Many vets will not spay and neuter that young, they want the kittens to be at least 2 pounds before the surgery.

Perhaps you can get the families that adopt the kittens to give you some sort of contract that they will spay and neuter when the kittens are big enough, but please leave them with their mama until they are 10 weeks old. This way they will get the full benefit of their mama's immunities through her milk, and the proper socialization through the mama and the litter mates.

However Jasmine can go into heat at any time, even while nursing, so be sure to keep unneutered males away from her. Even if the males are her own offspring, cats don't care about things like that.

While she is nursing is a good time to get any other intact cats taken care of. Then, when the kittens are weaned and gone to their new homes, get her right in to the vet and get her done, then you can sit back, relax and enjoy all your beautiful cats.
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Rodentologist

I suggested taking the male now to be neutered so there would not be a fourth accident litter, and I was told that:

1.) there was no way to get a ride to the clinic
2.) it's not her choice and she has no control
3.) that she has no money and her mother won't pay for it

Whether one or all of those are true, I have no idea, but the excuses are getting deep.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Oh I didnt mean to be weened, i meant to be taken to the vet to get checked out and what not
I know you cant spay/neuter a cat until theyre like 6 months, or at least most people wait until then.
The contract thing seems like a good idea, but how am i to know if they actually do it or not?
We have like a rabies clinic type thing here every few months, where it only costs like 6 dollars for rabies, then the feline vaccines and whatnot are so much.. but it is very cheap and we always take our cats and dogs there.
Maybe the kittens will be old enough to get their vaccines there as well.
I usually keep them 10-12 weeks, sometimes they need more than 10 weeks to be box trained and whatnot
Wich i try to box train them before i give them to families, so i can make sure that im not giving them a kitten thats going to do its business on their clothes and bed.. all those wonderful things untrained kittens like to pee on.

I did not know you were trying to be sympathetic, the internet does not tell you what tone a person has in their voice after-all
I am sorry for insulting and being mean to you.

I would also like to add that I am keeping her and the kittens in my room away from all dogs, cats, and people traffic, because jasmine is very skittish and is likely to move them into a closet or behind something if she gets too aggravated. She'll have a litter box, food and water in here so there will be no reason to have outside of my room at all.

~Mommy of~

Bella -Wolf/Rot/GSD
Rhiley - Rot/Lab
Roxxi - Rot/Lab
Gracey - Jack Russel.

Last edited by Cranberry; 02-05-2010 at 12:30 PM.
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

You guys need to chill.

I agree - drama should not be taken from one forum, to another.

If you guys have issues with her, try messaging her PRIVATELY, typing it all out for the entire forum to read is just inconsiderate. Get your facts straight first. And the only way to do that is by asking the person directly instead of going off of possible rumors circulating around another forum.

You can't trust what those people said.

The internet is not a good place to discuss things like this. People may say things, but people understand what was said differently. That happens to me all the time, and loads of others. You can't truly explain what's going on via the internet, there's no emotions, and you can't find the truth pretty much no matter what you do.

Innocent until proven guilty, I say.

And I honestly can't believe the rumors going around here for anything.

Doubt very quickly turns into hysteria - and I think no matter how truthful she could be, no one would believe her, because the hysteria over this has gotten way too out of control.

Just chill.

And if you have an issue, ASK her instead of spreading your unfounded thoughts around like wildfire. That is no way to greet a newcomer.
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thank you <3
I think the drama is prettymuch boiled down, and now we are just discussing possible outcomes and whatnot.

~Mommy of~

Bella -Wolf/Rot/GSD
Rhiley - Rot/Lab
Roxxi - Rot/Lab
Gracey - Jack Russel.
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Um they arent rumors...they are HER words. and this is what happens when someone posts on a public forum. they get other people advice and opinions.
Closed Thread

Tags
babies