Bad Night - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 05:58 PM

Oh poor Capn and Baby Girl. I'll keep praying. God cares about cats too.

Have I told you about my Isaac story and how he swallowed saran wrap and didn't poop for over a month? Then when he did out came a rubber band too. I was really worried about him. Of course he is still alive and terrorizing us now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 06:56 PM

oh dear. i hope Baby Girl is gonna be ok. i'll keep you guys in my thoughts. i'm glad Smitty is ok though. that's some good news, at least.
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 07:20 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rhonda
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 10:09 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Try not to worry too much, Capn. (Easier said than done, I know.) Depending on where in her digestive system the foreign object is (if that is what is going on) they may be able to do something as simple as either an enema or making her vomit to get rid of it. I'm hoping for no surgery for you to have to pay for!

I'm glad Smitty just likes to announce his intentions to the world. Geez, does he think anybody really cares that he has to go to the potty???

Will be waiting to hear results from dr visit tomorrow.

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 10:15 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yikes, Capn.

You can try giving Baby Girl some Laxatone or a similar product that may help move the blockage, depending on where it is. Effective or not, it shouldn't hurt her.

I will be thinking about you! Hang in there!

Stephanie

post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 10:33 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Absolutely right, Jade. We should have started the laxatone as soon as she puked up the first piece of toy!!

Critter

CRITTERCALL

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Should I ask about it tomorrow at the vets because as it is a little late to be canceling to try something.

She has been more alert, less sad, and has eaten (small) but atleast eaten with out me trying to force her. She went pee and made one small tiny poo, but atleast it is something. And she seems to be back to tolerating the baby's rowdiness, but not really participating. Smitty has been terribly lonely waiting for BG to get well.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 01:21 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

No, I wouldn't bother canceling. I would just try it anyway. Your grocery store might carry it if they have a pet section, or a big pet store will have it! It won't hurt, and may possibly help! Definitely keep the appt. tho!

Is she pooing at all yet?

Stephanie

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 10:58 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Agree with Jade - it isn't going to hurt her but KEEP THE APPT!!

It is a good sign that she is starting to eat some and use her litter box a bit (knowing of course that if she doesn't eat she can't poop). They may determine that there is no blockage at all; she may have rid her system of the offending toy and it has just taken her a couple of days to feel better.

We'll know later today. Just be sure to tell them if you have given her some laxatone and approx. how much - they will tell you whether or not to continue.

Critter

CRITTERCALL

post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Okay, so $145 later, there is *thanks God* nothing blocking her intestines!!!!!! She has a very very very severe Upper Respitory Infection, from Smitty. They are seperated. She has some eye ointment, and some antiobiotic, and has been moved to soft food and baby food for the next couple of days, both of which I have to microwave so she can smell it since even though no sneezing, she has no sense of smell right now.

She's peeing because she is still drinking a bit, but not eating, so no poops.

What really p*sses me off is that the vet examined BG yesterday at the Humane Society and didn't say one thing about her eyes being weird, or her temp, or her having an URI, which the nurse aide noticed as soon as we walked into the vets today!!!!!!!!!!! I mean come on! She has to see tons of URI everyday!!!!!!

Since Smitty is off of all antiobiotics, we have them seperated and am hoping he is over his so they don't continue to pass this back and forth. If he even shows one sign of a URI I am calling the Humane Society and re-getting him antibiotic. Right now he is on the ear and eye meds but no antiobiotic because she said he seems to be clearing up.

Question: May feeding BG soft food the next coupl;e days "spoil" her? Will she turn down dry food after she recovers?

Thanks for the vibes guys!
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 01:03 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Whew, no blockage, what a relief. I've been worried about her all night.

I'm sure she'll go back to dry food just fine. She'll probably turn her nose up at it, but she'll eat it when she gets hugry enough. Maybe try a slow transition back to dry food. Mix the soft food with the dry and every day mix in less soft food until eventually it's all dry again.

Rhonda

post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Scarlette, I was worried all night as well. Could hardly sleep.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 05:23 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

It could have been a lot worse, Capn. Infections will usually heal pretty quickly.

Did they tell you to microwave the food? I was always told not to microwave anything for my wildlife because it kills the nutrients. Maybe somebody else here knows more about that. . . or maybe they've changed their minds!

My prediction is that you will pretty much have to starve out your little spoiled brat to get her back on dry food (and have Ray put out of the house for a few days while you do!). Most animals definitely prefer canned food to dry, but the dry is much better for them.

Glad it wasn't a blockage - that can get pretty nasty. Hope she heals quickly with some tender loving care! Tell her I'm sending some love her way.

Critter

CRITTERCALL

post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 08:45 PM

Capn', I am so glad you have good news. I will pray that BG heals quickly and that Smitty stays healthy. You don't need more stress in your life.
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 09:11 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

I don't know, Liz; it does give her something to keep her mind off this wedding!!

Now we just get to watch you feather your little nest and wait for the little one to appear. I can't wait!

Critter

CRITTERCALL

Tags
canned food, dry food, food bowl, food bowls, humane society, litter box, male cat, pet store, urinary tract infection, vet clinic, vet tech