Bad Night - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Arrow Bad Night

It alll seemed to start with an innocent hairball. Now either today or Saturday I am going to have tot ake both B.G. and Smitty to the vets. I have been trying to get an appointment all MORNING!

Baby Girl coughed up a hair ball, then 2 hours layer, she threw up, then an hour after that she threw up, nothing all clear, except for a small peice of a puple plastic cat toy. So I was hoping today she'd be better (I found the toy and through it away) but she hasn't eaten all night, and I am worried. I tried calling my normal vet and the Humane Society Clinic and keep geting the answeing service.

Smitty has been due to go becaus ehe came home with runny eyes and an upper respitory infection and has been on medicine. He also meows when he goes tot he abthroom, but the vet tech told me the antiobitic for the URI would clear up that as well. Smitty also has a cough, a COUGH. Have you ever heard a congested kitty cough? Other thent hat he is fine running around like a maniac.

So all things are not well in my cat household, My Babies are sick and I am so worried.I really like my vet down the street and don't want to take them somewhere else.

Now to top all this off we had a slight accident yesterday. Ray's mom had brought over these tiny little Christmas baskets (metal lightweight, dollar store material) Smitty managed to climb "through" one and get stuck, which scared him and made him try to attack it, which made him roll off of the table and onto the trash can. Ray as he was trying to help him got scratched really good. We got Smitty out and he was FINE, 2 seconds later running around like a maniac having forgotten the whole thing, now B.G. she has not. She heard Smitty's angry/scared meows and saw me walk away from hiim with the baskets(they were a set of three) to put them on the shelf that closes so no one can get to them. She must have sat for 10 minutes looking at the spot where I put the baskets, she'd go into ferret position from the bedroom doorway, then sit back down but wouldn't come out, she comes into the living room partially, but sems to be eyeing up where I moved the baskets. I put them behind some other stuff soI know she can't see them......................

-needs a vet and a prozac

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

See before even getting any Get well kitties vibes, I got through tot he Humnae Society clinic. On hold now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

We got an appointment for tomorrow at 2:00, so I am trying to find someone who can work for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 12:22 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Psst. Male kitties straining to urinate can be a problem. Is there anything coming out when he goes? If so, and it's more than a dribble, you can wait ... if not, you need an appt. immediately.

*sending get well kitty vibes*

Stephanie

post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

I know about the male kitty peeing thing, he's managing to pee he just complains, sometimes it sounds like it doesn't hurt like he is just calling out so we notice he's going, but the doctor said his eyes shouldn't be runny and the cough and peeing meows should have stopped. So they both go tomorrow....

My Mom just spent 4300 on Tigger her male cat because his pee was blocked and crystalized or something like that.

As my Grams says "If it ain't one thing it's another."

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 01:10 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

The toy has upset BG's stomach. Do you feel a lot like eating after you puke? Give it time to settle a bit!!

I hope you don't ever plan on taking those baskets out of the closet again. Obviously BG saw it "attack" her buddy and has her eye on them so it won't happen to her! Cats are so funny.

I hope Smitty is just being a Man and announcing to all the world that he is using the litter box. Do you have one litter box or two? Part of his problem, if you have only one, could be that he doesn't want to share with "that girl".

Sending Prozac. . .. .

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

No we have 2 litterboxes 2 food bowls, Baby Girl doesn't want any one near her and we are justletting her rest. I got some water in her so she won't get too dehydrated. Ugh, hate feeling like a nervous reck. We have to got o mariage class tonight and I wish one of us could stay home with the baby.

post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 03:24 PM
Wanted: New Title

I will pray that your kitties are better by this afternoon. Trevor and I learned a lot from marriage class. We did the book Before You Say I Do. I highly reccomend it as something extra if your current counselor is not using it.

post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 04:57 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Awww, poor babies! I hope everything goes well at the vets.

Rhonda

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-07-2002, 08:03 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Awww, I hope it wasn't one of the toys I sent that made BG sick! Good luck at the vets tomorrow, I really hope it's just a bunch of small easy stuff.

post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

well i have been giving her water, she has eaten very little-but we did get her to eat. I couldn't really afford to take tomorrow off, but hopefully an extra shift will swing y way. Having your babies be sick is so hard because there is literally nothing you can do for them.

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 12:18 AM

As a preventative measure there are some foods out there that help with UTI's. Nutro (this is the food I use) and I believe science diet helps. They are a little more expensive but may be cost effective in the long run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ GET WELL KITTY VIBES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 12:26 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Sorry to hear the kitty's are not feeling well.Sending get well vibes to you all(Sorry no prozac around here)
Dena is right about Science diet,they have all different kinds from hairball control to the light diet.
I am hoping and praying they do better in a few days

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 10:40 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

I have used Purina CNM/UR since it came on the market (and I had 7 cats). I never could convince the people at Hill's that their C/D made my cats have urinary tract infections - but it did and I would have loved to use it because it is cheaper.

Of all of the cats I've had (too many to count!) I have only had 3 females. Two of those were on the CNM/UR also. It has to be bought at the vet clinic, so I guess it is a bit more expensive. But the peace of mind is worth it!

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Well Smitty, the vet said, is just a kitty being vocal when he goes. She said if she did a study she would bet 15-20% of kittens our vocal pottiers. He got some ear drops for his itchy ears, she saw no mits, checked and loosed his wax, and is just surprised by how much he itches them, and some eye drops. She feels that bacteria infection is easing up, and that any everything else is just the virus working its way out of his body.

Baby Girl, not such good news. She thinks something( a peice of the purple toy?) may be blocking BG's intestines, we have an emergency appt. tomorrow with our vet because the Humane Society has no x-ray, for an exam. She is still lethargic and sad and barely eating.............................I'm so stressed

Tags
canned food, dry food, food bowl, food bowls, humane society, litter box, male cat, pet store, urinary tract infection, vet clinic, vet tech