Bad reaction to Frontline??!! HELP Please - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Exclamation Bad reaction to Frontline??!! HELP Please

Hi. I have an older cat who hasn't been with me much over a year. It's a long story on how she was aquired, I will spare you. HOWEVER, 3 days ago (July 4) I put Frontline on both my cats. This is the 2nd monthly treatment, the first month was fine. Now, one of them is very lethargic and not eating or drinking. I did get her to eat a little yesterday. She seems like she wants to, but then just lays back down in the corner. I've tried washing it off with dish soap, but she gets annoyed with me. I've called area vets and they aren't much help beyond "bring her in".....I would LOVE to bring her in, but I am unemployed and have $0 to my name. I don't know what to do or where to turn. Suggestions? Watching her is breaking my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 11:19 PM
canis lupus familiaris

well with chemicals, I can't tell you much. Loki, my dog, had a reaction to Advantage he got form the shelter. It was a simple skin rash but still. In that case, I gave him a bath and just had to wait till the chemicals were gone.

If you can, search for a holistic vet in your area. Often times phone consultations are free.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Newborn Pup

I advise you to try your best to wash it off. Wait and watch her closely and if she doesn't get better theres really no choice but to get her to a vet. Black sheep is right look for a holistic vet. There could be something potentially serious going on so just watch her closely

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I was able to borrow money to get her to the vet. Turns out that the Frontline was just coincidence, she had kidney failure. She passed within an hour of being at the vet. ;( I'm heartbroken, but she was old and now she's at the big yarn ball in the sky. Thank you for your responses.