bad simba - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

bad simba

Simba was really bad yesterday
We have this rubber ring that goes screwed on to our blender and I put it apart because I had to clean it and he ate it. He chewed it up and ate it. I would've taken it away if I would've seen him but I didn't even notice he did that. I couldn't find the darn thing anywhere so I figured it was him because ever since he was little he's liked to play and eat rubber bands.
So I gave him a laxative to help him pass it through. He climbed on top of my fridge and threw up (well...more like down) this rubbery looking liquid.
I know it's bad for him. When he was little the same thing happened almost. He ate a little rubber band and he threw up all over the living room. Yet he wont learn not to eat them. We've been pretty successful in keeping stuff like that away from him but I really didn't think he would go through the clean dishes and do that.
I asked the vet I work with if he would be ok and she just told me to monitor him. So far he's been keeping his food down and going to the bathroom fine so I hope he's ok because he has a dental tomorrow. If he's not ok I'll just take him to work with me. She said she'll do the x-rays for free if we have to get them done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 02:51 AM

thats scary. I hope hes ok. Trinity did something similar. Well they thought she did... Kitties arnt supposed to eat strings. because the can get caught and held by there intestins and by there tummies so they cant do anything but puke. My vet told me if that happens they have to opperate.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

Yea, the first time (this is only his second time doing this since we've been so careful with him) he did it I took him to the vet for shots and an exam and they told me he was really lucky that he threw everything up.
Hopefully he passes everything. I think the laxative did help but luckily I work at the clinic so they can check him up there if I need them to. I have to check his stool too...yuck. That's what I get for not watching him that well. I was just a few feet away from him. I just had my back to him. Sky doesn't even eat everything she finds and she's younger than him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 03:36 AM

your kitty reminds me of a puppy yeah trinity doesnt really eat anything. i think she ate a grape twig thing once but never again lol she seems to learn her lesson. I do know which is sorta gross is when i clean out her litter box she eats my hair or something because it will all be attached by one of them, my hiar used to be really long now its shorter but its still not too short so i kinda feel bad for her. I dont know what it is she will eat it out of the garbage and everything
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 01:19 AM Thread Starter

He's fine....well, he's a little drugged right now but other than that, he's ok. He had his dental today, hasn't thrown up and is eating and going to the bathroom, and the vet said that everything was well with him.
He does seem like a puppy. He tries everything once. One time he was in my brother's room and he ate some tissue paper and threw it up everywhere. Then he eats any little plastics he can find or paper. I have to always keep my room clean. Oh, and he takes the tags off all of my stuffed animals.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 01:58 AM

lol trinity likes to paw at plastic bags i havnt really caught her eating anything though. She likes to sneak into my roommate bedroom but honestly thats my falt taht my roommate keeps her door open

Tags
litter box, stuffed animal, stuffed animals