Bath time - shampoo? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

Bath time - shampoo?

Do you bathe your cats? Toast likes to be in the bathroom whenever we take a shower, and sometimes he will just walk right in and decide he needs a wash too. Usually I just use water and give him a good rinse, (which helps my allergies a great deal), David said hes been using the dog shampoo on him (vanilla scented Oatmeal Shampoo from walmart) Is this ok? do they actually make shampoo for cats?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Aspires to Stupidity

I give mine a bath about every month or every two months or whenever they're stinky, lol. I've been bathing them since they were 2 months old and they're 3 1/2 years old now so they're quite used to it.

China doesn't mind it much, he'd rather not be in there, but he just kind stands there until I'm done.

Hyrum really hates it. He won't try to leave, but he howls like he's being murdered, lol.

I'm not sure if cats skin is more sensitive than a dogs, but I have used dog shampoo on them once and it was fine. I use Smart Groom by Wahl: 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner for Cats. There's lots of different kinds though of shampoos and conditioners for cats though.

Here's a few pics of their bathtime.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

Cute!!!!! Our bathtub has a crack in it (was there when we bought the place) so we haven't been using it.. i dont think any of our animals have ever had an actual Bath, we just take them in the shower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family

Tags
bath, cat, shampoo