Bathing cats - Page 5 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 02:12 PM

Bathing cats LOL its a Mystery i had a Cat She loved Water in other he Hated it this isnt mine But thought it was a cute Picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 03:40 PM

my one cat loves water she plays in the sink all the time...probably because when she was a baby she had fleas really bad so i used to take her in the shower with me in hopes of washing some of the fleas away, and my mom used to wash her face because she never cleaned it, she never minded.
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingrl19
my one cat loves water she plays in the sink all the time...probably because when she was a baby she had fleas really bad so i used to take her in the shower with me in hopes of washing some of the fleas away, and my mom used to wash her face because she never cleaned it, she never minded.
How Cute
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 03:55 PM

This reminds me, it's about time my cat had a bath

I used to bath her all the time, but I haven't for awhile, so she's a little harder to handle in the tub. She tries to climb out so I have to keep one hand on her, but that's about it.
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

They have these clear toilet seat covers at Lowe's. I'm going to get one for my cats.

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

We tried to bath Fable when he was about 10 weeks old. Never ever again...

post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 01:54 PM
SwC

Lol, takes 2 of us to bath my manx, Meow. She becomes a savage beast!! Softpaws nail covers have helped some regarding the scratching so I ensure she has them all intact before hand. Then we watch out for the teeth. We get to towel her for a minute or two afterwards then she's gone and then watch out if you cross her path for about 30 minutes afterwards. Needless to say I only bathe her about every 3 months and never when it's cold weather.
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 08:43 PM

I have three cats and I work at PetSmart and I use the Hartz shampoo with the beads as well. I stick my cat in the tub and just scruff the back of their neck (the extra skin behind the neck) rub the shampoo in after they have been showered down and then after shampood I just rinse them off. They fight it a little bit but all three do well. I just try not to get it in their ears or eyes. So good luck. Tell us how it goes.
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 02:59 AM

Cute pictures! Trinity hates baths now, its more like a moan fest all she does is moan and hiss and try and run!
post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 02:00 PM

I bathe Amber and Katrina... I wouldn't dare bathe my new kitty (nameless brown cat) until he trusts me.
post #71 of 73 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 05:02 PM

My cat is a MANIAC when he gets wet. One time he climbed into an old antique woodstove that my dad bought at an auction (he was getting it ready to sell). He's a pure white cat and he came out all sooty and black. The second his little toe touched that water, he was all claws. We tried wrapping him really tight in a towel (like a baby) but he still managed to get his arms out and try to jump out the window (literally). He ended up getting himself a bit more wet from thrashing around, but we just gave up because he was so agitated that we felt bad for him. I ended up wiping him with a slightly damp cloth but he still went nuts. I got a bit of the soot off though and he took care of the rest. We don't attempt to bathe our cats unless they get something all over them. They're quite happy with that arrangement

My other cat fell into the tub once...funniest thing I ever saw.
post #72 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 02:15 PM

NOt sure if this has been mentioned before but I once got a great tip that works for some cats but not all. You'll find as your bathing you kitty (in the kitchen sink) he/she may be desperate to hang on to something. Try putting an old window screen (small one) at an angle so that he can grip onto that and hopefully not your arm!

I also had good luck putting a towel down on the bottom of the sink. Some cats are just terrified of the slipping and this helps them get control.
post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Playful Pup

I hate bathing cats!! But sometimes, you have NO choice!!
A few weeks after we rescued our Zazou from the shelter, we saw ringworm on my arm and on Inka!!! The vet said that we got it from Zazou, who probablely is a carrier of ringworm. So......, I had to bath ALL 3 cats (Snoopy wasn't here yet), 4 times

I am so glad it is all over now, cause bathing cats equals WW3!!!!

Inka didn't want me to take her picture

Maya is usually a very sweet girl.....

The culprit who was the cause of it all.... poor Zazou

Tags
cat food, sit still, white cat, wild animal