Bathing cats - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Bathing cats

I was just watchin Cats and Dogs and on it the woman bathed a cat.

Does anyone on here have cats that like water or being bathed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Part of the Pack

I bathe both of my cats. They don't like water but they stick through it. Simba growls at me but has NEVER hurt me during his bath. Sky just had her first bath since she's been with me and she was fine with it. She would try to get out but other than that she wouldn't complain. She was better than Simba. Of course, she's only 8 pounds and Simba is 14 so that's quite a difference in strength. I have to that to reduce the dandruff that he got after I lasted months without bathing him. I have heard about cats that love the water though.

My babies...

post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

My cat wont even let me wipe its nose with a wet tissue.

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 02:37 PM
Part of the Pack

If you see how my cat is...you'd NEVER know that he lets me bathe him. He's always trouble at the vets. He growls and hisses at his vet...and his vet is wonderful. He's also bit and scratched him. He NEVER lets me trim his nails. I have to wrap him up in something in order to do it. And doing that didn't stop him from slapping my face with his paw once and biting me on my cheek another time. He's attacked my legs when I use to wear shorts or skirts around him. But he only growls when I bathe him...lol. I have an odd cat. I also did it since he was little so I guess he's somewhat use to it. Sky wasnt use to it but she's a sweetheart. Has never caused trouble at the vet and lets me trim her nails.

My babies...

post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Sonny is very docile and does not scratch but when it comes to wiping his nose which is covered in dried cat food he is a wild animal.
Do you have any photos of your wet cat?

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Part of the Pack

I couldn't take a picture when they barely got out of the bath since they go by the door and lay there until I open it...then they run out. But I took some afterwards when they were drying themselves (I have a hair-drier that I use on them but they are terrified of it).
This is Sky drying herself.

And this is Simba. I try not to let him go where he is because of the cords. He eventually moved.

This is him all sad because he got a bath...lol

I love their fur afterwards. It so soft and bright
This is Simba after an hour or so. As you can tell, he's a big boy.

I let them have the run of the house afterwards as a reward for allowing me to bathe them and I them treats.

Last edited by mm_simb; 04-17-2005 at 03:06 PM. Reason: adding something
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

My cat used to jump in the shower wiht me... I have no idea why... she doesn't any more but she doesn't mind a bath. as long as I keep an eye on her she just yowls. No hissing or growling or stuff... sometimes a rare escape attempt but usually she just whines about it.

I haven't bathed her in a long time... I used to only do it when I was showing.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-17-2005, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

He is a lovely cat, beautiful colour.
Thanx for showing me

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

My sister can bathe all 3 of her cats. Mine are dangerous, but I don't bath them too often!

post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I have a persian that has to be bathed regularly or her coat matts faster. She is a good girl and sits right there until it's done.

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

What shampoo do you use... my vet told me not to get anything at a store like petco (my cat got real sick when she was a baby she couldnt keep anything down, its just a percaution). She cleans herself obsessively and rolls around in all sorts of stuff if she was allowed (like soot from fireplace). my cat like to watch me in the shower which is sorta funny in its own little way if you ask me. But if she gets a little wet she has this hissy fit and shakes her paws and everything else. If it lowers the dandrif i would give her a bath and also to get off the exstra cat fur (shes shedding like mad and its quite a hassle)
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 11:34 PM
Part of the Pack

I use a shampoo by Hartz Living called Infusions with Anti-Hairball beads Skin & Coat Shampoo for cats and kittens
I've heard the conditioner with the shampoo is better. But after I gave my cat 2 baths with this stuff the dandriff was gone and it does help the extra hair get off.
Also, I bought this at Petsmart. They have a variety of shampoos there for cats and kittens. My vet was the one that told me to bathe him to get rid of the dandriff and to slow down all the shedding a bit since he use to leave a lot of hair everywhere. He said it would be better to find something that has some Amino Acids in it but I couldn't find any. The shampoo I have works well though.

My babies...

Last edited by mm_simb; 04-18-2005 at 11:37 PM. Reason: to add something
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

where do you get it at?
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Part of the Pack

I got it at Petsmart. They have it here Hartz Shampoo and they also have Pet Scentsations Premium Cat Shampoo
I've tried both and they are both really good. I just like trying different things
I also found this but I havent tried it because I dont really understand how you're supposed to put it on the cat: MirraCoat Liquid for cats It's actually fatty acids that help the skin not get flaky and not amino acids (I knew it had something to do with acids...)

My babies...

post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Could you explain how you go about bathing them?
How you hold them, do you do it in the bath or sink?

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

Tags
cat food, sit still, white cat, wild animal