Bean was beaten up - but by who? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Bean was beaten up - but by who?

The other day I noticed my cat Bean had a cut on her chin. I cleaned it up and put Bactrine on it. I noticed the shape seemed to indicate that it was a rabbit bite. I checked all the buns and no one seems to have the slightest scratch on them. There was no fur anywhere so I thought maybe she just scratched her chin on something when she was hiding after hearing my nephews. Then today I notice her head has scratches and a lump on it. It's in front of her ear in the part that doesn't have a ton of hair. I feel awful I missed it. I wiped her down and put more Bactine on it. Now I am sure that a bun beat her up! I checked the bun that I suspect did it yet again and nothing is wrong with her. Everyone in the house is eating and acting normally. I just feel awful that I missed her head being scratched. I am hoping that it doesn't get infected because I didn't clean it sooner. I will keep putting the Bactine on it and get some neosporin tomorrow. I will be keeping a close eye on her and calling the vet if needed. I already have antibiotics in the house for them.
My hubby thinks it was our other cat Tyler - but I just know it was Ophelia. I could understand it if Ophelia was scratched or bitten. Ophelia is the type of bun that you have to watch how you look at or she gets angry.
I wanted to check with everyone to see if buns carry anything deadly for cats - like the cats do for buns.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cat; rabbit; bite