Best litter for multiple cat households? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Best litter for multiple cat households?

For those of you with more than one cat, what kind of litter do you use?

And this question is being asked for my mom and dad not me. I am not getting cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Guarded by Waffles

We use tidy cats easy clumping

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Herp Nerd

Tidy Cats here too... but with five litter boxes, it's a constant process.

She sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep.
Wrapped in all of the promises, that no one seems to keep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Miss New Booty

Denise, we have 3 cats and we've tried many. The best always seems to be Tidy Cats. We have been using Tidy Cats Small Spaces clumping litter, we really like it. There's enough for 2 boxes. We also use the litter box freshener from Tidy Cats and also Arm and Hammer, too.

I thought for a minute you were getting a kitty!

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Thanks for the info.

Jackie, no, I have my hands full with two dogs.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh I know Denise, but kitties are so fun! How many kitties do your parents have? I bet they are cuties.

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Jackie, I know cats are fun. The two cats my mom and dad have were rescued by me and they were originally my cats but when Dave and I got married, we couldn't take them with us so they ended up staying with my parents. Their names are Holly and Ivy and they will be 10 years old this October. They are incredibly sweet and follow my mom all around the house like little puppies.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Miss New Booty

Awwww how sweet Denise! I didn't know that! Can we see pics sometime?

~* Jackie *~

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Tongue Tied..Literally!

As soon as I get my computer back (which may be doomsday at this point).
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Adolescent Pup

I use tidy cats too.Ack, i have that something somthing for multiple cats, thing in my head!

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I was using Tiday Cats as well. I just recently switched to one called PaPurr Scoop, which is made from recycled paper and is flushable. I was happy with the Tidy Cats as far as odor and clumping, but, well, what does everyone else do with the litterbox scoopings between trash days? I found the litterlocker thing to be expensive because the refills here are like $10 and I need them very frequently. Anyhow, it was getting annoying for me, so I prefer the flushable kind. All other flushable brands that I'd tried were SO dusty though that I thought they could not be good for the health of me or the cats. the PaPurr is darned near dustless though, and it clumps and controls the odor of two kitties as well as the Tidy Cats. I found it at my local petsmart.

http://www.grantekinc.com/papurr_main.html

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:09 PM
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

We use Tidy Cats for multiple cats too.

As far as dealing with the smell before trash days we just take it to a can outside.

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I have two kitties and I use Feline Pine. I like it. I switched b/c of the dust from the scoopable clay ones. I just could not deal any more. Actually I sweetly let my mom try it first. She has 2 kitties as well. She likes it. And I now have a friend of mine using it for her 2 boys. None of us could stand the dust.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Newborn Pup

Wow! I guess Tidy Cat wins! I've used different types. But I am now using Fresh Step. Its the new kind with odor eliminating carbon. It seems to do the work. No bad odors. I used the pine stuff also, but it don't last as long as the clumping type cat litter that I prefer better.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

You scared me Denise! I thought you were turning into a cat person! J/K all you cat people!

My mom has 3 cats and uses Tidy Cat crystals I think.

Rhonda

Tags
feline pine, kitty litter, litter box, litter boxes