Big fall, cat HURT! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Big fall, cat HURT!

Sorry for my English! I'm a littlebit stressed right now!

My cat fell down from a 8 meter high lightpole maybe 30-90 minutes ago.

She is limping and has a little wound on one of her legs.

I called the "emergency vet", and they told me that I should bring her to a vet tomorrow.

She screamed and made those little noises

I'm afraid she's going to die tonight.

I cannot do anything but to wait till tomorrow and then get her to the nearest vet. It may cost from 410 dollars to 570 dollars, but hello.. It's my cat. I just have to pay that bill.

I'm SO SCARED and FRUSTRATED right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh no! Poor kitty!! I hope she's okay...The emergency vet couldn't see her tonight? Ours stays open all night, but I don't know how it works where you are. Is she acting okay other than her leg? Please let us know how she is doing tonight and tomorrow after her appt.
Lots of lovin' to her...

Mandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

We couldn't drive anywhere tonight
I don't know how to drive a car, and my parents have been drinking, so we have to wait till tomorrow.
But the vet we called said my cat should survive the night.
But I'm so afraid. She's in pain, and she's hiding under the sofa.

I've fed her and I try to comfort her. But she wants to be alone.

My poor little kitty

You can see she's in great pain. She has eaten, but something's definitely wrong with her leg(s).

I'm gonna let you know how it turns out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh, understand your situation. Poor kitty...
I will be hoping and praying for the best. I'll check tomorrow to see what the vet says.

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Betta Bomb

Any news?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

How did it go at the vet's today? I've worried about her all day!!

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

So sorry to hear that, Carina any updates yet? Hope it's not too serious for your cat...

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Hi!

Here's the update:
A fracture in her leg (knee). So her leg is broken

We have to drive to another vet in Oslo (the capital of Norway) and she will need surgery.
It will cost us 2468 $.

We'll talk to the vets tomorrow, and I shall ask lots of questions.
If she's going to suffer a lot, we'll put her down

But hopefully everything will be OK.

My little poor cat
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Part of the Pack

So, so sorry! How awful for both of you. I hope there's an affordable way to save her. Did the vet at least give her some pain medicine until you go to Oslo? Praying for you both! ((hugs))

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Oh no...I was so hoping for a more positive outcome for you guys. Thanks for the update and keep us posted on what happens tomorrow. So sorry...

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks!
Yeah, they gave her painkillers, so she isn't in a lot of pain right now.
We're driving to Oslo in 5 minutes!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Lots of prayers going out to you. We'll be anxiously awaiting your update! *Fingers crossed*

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Phineas--male guinea pig

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Betta Bomb

Me too, cannot wait to hear back!! Poor kitty!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

We decided to let her go. Something was wrong with her stomach, and the vet said that they didn't know if there was anything to do.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Betta Bomb

Internally caused by the fall do you know? Im so sorry for your loss... Hugs I hope you feel better soon