Blechhh! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Blechhh!

I'm sitting here doing my normal morning routine... which means playing online and drinking a glass of iced tea (truly, I'm addicted to the stuff!) Allen has the tendency to jump up on the desk with me and will occasionally "sample" my tea - he'll dip his paw in the glass and then lick the tea off. I generally don't mind too much since he's generally the cleanest cat I've ever met. (or am I fooling myself since he's sooo cute? )

So this morning (as of five mintues ago) he jumped up on the desk, dipped his paw in and did the licky thing, I didn't think much of it. I took a sip.... then..... I remember something.... wasn't that the distinctive scraping of litter in the bathroom? Where's Pouncer? Hmmm. Sound asleep in the laundry basket. That means... Allen went potty and came here, dip-lick, in my glass without washing his paws first! EWWWW!

*Chokes on tea*

*runs to brush teeth*

*returns to tell the world!*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 12:34 PM

I thought my cat Tiger was the only cat in the world that drinks with his paw. He sticks it in any kind of liquid he can find! I've never seen him use his mouth to drink water out of his bowl, its always with the paw! I'm not as trusting as you though. Once the paw goes in my drink, the drink goes down the sink!

Oh, and I love iced tea too!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 12:43 PM

What is it with cats and Iced tea?! We have a cat named Fu at the shelter that was a stray who decided he wanted to stay with us and lives in our front office. We drink a lot of Iced Tea there. One day I heard this little slurping noise and looked over to find Fu with his head in my glass drinking my iced tea! I now have to give him his own little bowl. Luckily he just sticks his big fat head into my glass, not his feet. There will be no feet in my drink.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 01:51 PM

I live with a cat who does the same thing! She loves tea! Also, she not only drink with her paw, but she eats with it, too! Silly cats!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 07:19 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww! I don't drink iced-tea so I can't say my kitties have tried that! Although, they tried to do that with milk before though, when I left the room. And BOOM, glass on the floor! All of them trying to taste the milk!!!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

LOL... that reminds me of the time I was cat sitting and dropped the bag of food. my friend's cats were coming from everywhere at once and basically doing the kitty version of the jig! They'd never seen so much food at once!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 07:40 PM

The milk thing reminded me of something, too. Once when I was younger (I believe in the second grade) I was eating some cereal for breakfast. I had my face right up to the bowl and wasn't paying any attention to anything else, I was just shoveling the cereal in my face. Well, I finally decide to pull my face up and get a drink of my orange juice and what do I see? My cat is on the other side of my bowl drinking the milk! My mom had been sitting there watching my cat drink from my bowl for about 5 minutes!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

OMG ewww, doesn't he know he's supposed to wash his paws first! lol

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena
What is it with cats and Iced tea?! We have a cat named Fu at the shelter that was a stray who decided he wanted to stay with us and lives in our front office. We drink a lot of Iced Tea there. One day I heard this little slurping noise and looked over to find Fu with his head in my glass drinking my iced tea! I now have to give him his own little bowl. Luckily he just sticks his big fat head into my glass, not his feet. There will be no feet in my drink.
Aww c'mon. Don't'cha know? Feet flavored ice tea is all the rave in Paris? :p
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 08:35 PM

LOL! I thought you were going to say he hacked up a hairball on your lap or something! My best friend Christalyn's mom's cat hacked one up one day, so Christalyn's mom set it neatly on her brother's bed! Just to gross him out! Heehee!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 08:55 PM

I'll have to remember that one... Oh, 'lil sister... Got a present for 'ya...
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Miss New Booty

Mandie! OH EWWWWWW!

~* Jackie *~

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 09:12 PM

I guess he freaked out screaming...though it was a log of poo!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 10:49 AM

Oh Mandie, Ewwwwww I'm sitting here trying to picture that
ok, but I'm still

Last edited by PaBabyBlue; 06-24-2004 at 10:53 AM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 01:30 PM

Ok, so this has nothing to do with paw dipping (though some of my mom's cats do that). At the house we use to live in, one day my mom made chilli. So, the cat decides that it's fun to jump into the refridgerator and not come out. So, they closed the door for not even a minute. Open it back up, there's the cat eating the chilli.

I know Doodles, everytime we open the door to the fridge, there she is climbing inside looking for stuff for her to eat. *lol*