Boarding questions - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 06:04 PM
Jorgha

Boarding questions

Ok people, I have never had to board an animal before and I might have to board my cats. Is there anything that I should know?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 08:13 PM

I would definitely ask questions like, what will the feeding schedules be, will there be access to water at all times, will there be contact with any other animals, how large of a space will the kitty be kept in, what are the policies in case of a medical emergency, are there sick animals kept in the same room, (especially since you have a cat) is there a possibility that my cat could come into contact with a feline luekemia/aids positive, what precautions do you take to make sure that the animals will not transmit illness, will there be any extra cost for medical emergencies, one on one human interaction with the cat, does this cost extra. That should get you started. I have never boarded either but these would be some of my concerns off the top of my head. Hope this was a little bit helpful.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 01:02 PM
Jorgha

I am hoping that it doesn't come down to bording but I want to have all my bases covered.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 01:04 PM

I don't blame you! If you do end up having to board make sure you tell us how the experience goes and what others should look for and what not to look for.