Buddah the mouser! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Smile Buddah the mouser!

It seems I might have a pet that actually has a use! Today I was sitting on the couch and I heard some squeaking, so I got a bucket (I know we have mice, big ones! We just throw them outside if we catch them) to try to catch it. I moved the couch and out pops this big fat mouse! Out of nowhere here comes Buddah and snags it! It was the funniest thing I've ever seen! It got away once and he chased it and got it again! I was trying to get it from him to throw it outside and unfortunately it got away again, but he's still hunting around for it! He doesn't know what to do with it when he does get it though, so he just stands on it

I feel bad for the mice, but they're chewing holes in the wall and when I moved the couch I saw that they've chewed a hole in the back and they're apparently living in there (it stunk like mouse pee). I just flat out DO NOT do mouse traps but I think I'll look into getting some humane ones that just trap them. That's gotta be better than getting chased down by a cat. I AM pretty proud of my kitty though Thankfully I've got a seperate room for my caged pets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 07:46 PM

Go Buddah!

I need to borrow him for awhile - I swear I heard a mouse the other day but was to lazy to get out of bed! LOL

Ya gotta get a picture of Buddah in chase mode.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 07:50 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Aren't they funny when they catch a mouse and don't quite know what to do with it ? Lizzie's a dingbat - she tries to play with them and they usually end up getting away. Then she gets mad and growls at anyone who comes near for the next hour or so.

Mice in a cage, I don't mind at all. But mice in my house - they gotta go. I have traps set where Lizzie and the boys can't get to em. Gotta remember, if you let em go alive, they'll come back and have babies for you ! And if your kitties eat em, there's a chance they can get parasites.

UGH - mice !

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

We caught our wild mice and rats (ugh) and put them outside being nice and humane......they all came back!! Nasty horrible traps got set and we haven't had a mouse or rat since. We do now however have a HUGE bug that is as big as a rat and I can't catch the thing!!! It's scary!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

We live out in the desert, so hopefully they get put out far enough away that they can't find thier way back

Ira's parents live in a citrus orchard, right smack in the middle of 40 acres, so they have quite a rodent problem! They use the traps and I thought one weekend while they were gone that I could be a big girl and empty a trap... I'm still scarred by what I saw! Also, they don't always die right away and hearing them thrash around is too much for me! No offense to anyone who uses them, more power to ya! I love animals and all, but not ones who are going to destroy my house and possibly make all of my animals sick! I could only imagine if they got into the rabbit/chin room and contaminated all the food...

Another funny mouse story for you guys, from when I posted the first mouse tale until now, I've been performing operation mouse freedom! I heard the chewing again so I moved the couch to let Buddah at the mouse and I saw a little nose peeking out of the old cable jack in the wall! Of course it was painted on by at least 3 generations of paint so it took forever to get off. The whole time I could see a mouse in there an it would poke it's nose out at me, lol. I finally got the thing off of the wall and bribed the mouse out with a piece of bread. I was giving it some water and it escaped the bucket!! Then there was another mad mouse hunt on the counter Now he's securely in the bucket with food and water and he's staying there until tomorrow and Ira can drop him off a couple lots away! I've had just about enough mouse shenanigans tonight!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 10:25 PM

OMG your mouse stories are funnnnny! Well, maybe not funny that you have mouse, but your method of conquering & trapping is too **** cute. And wow, that little Buddha! heehee. Make sure to remind me not to invite him over to my place with my guinea piggers.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 10:27 PM

Ooooh, sorry about the cuss word in there. Didn't realize it's forbidden. Heehee. Better go wash my mouth with soap!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 11:45 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

omg Becki!! Mouse shenanigans and Operation Mouse Freedom

Go Buddah! He's got the hunting instinct! Oh, that must be so cute to see...

Abby is my resident mouser - but her all time favorite is chipmunks I know it's a sign of true love and devotion when they deliver their prey to you, but !!!

I'm picturing you trying to get that cable jack off the wall and being taunted and teased by a big 'ole mouse nose
peeking out!

I love those stories, they're great!

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

I am SO not looking forward to the day he figures out what to do with them and I start getting presents!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 07:30 AM

Send Buddah over here! Some mice have decided to reside in our garage. There is a corn field north of here and right after it's cut down every year they come a runnin'!

Have you ever seen the movie Mouse Hunt?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 10:10 PM

Becki that is too funny. I see the way peepman eyes up Stunner, good thing he is safely away from them!

Tags
chin room, guinea pig