Callie's Seizures - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Callie's Seizures

Please help. Is there anyone out there who can offer us a different direction, or advice for managing Callie's seizures. We have done all of the right things as far as we know but are hoping that we just don't know enough! She begain having seizures back in the fall. We have been to the vet numerous times (we like our vet); we have been to the university animal hospital for an mri and spinal tap and I think even a ct; we have Cal on phenobarbatol AND Kepra; we have been playing with the best dose levels for months; we have searched the house over with great care for toxins and possible triggers; we have researched feline seizures until I feel like we could present and a vet convention. Yet these seizures continue to become more frequent and even seem to be intensifying. The most recent was a mix of psychomotor and grandmal. They are lasting longer and taking longer for her to come out of even with extra doses of pheno given at the start of the episode. There has to be something we are missing! Please help us. The lil thing (only 5lbs) is such a great animal. There has to be something we can do for her. I fear I will come home from work someday soon and she will have killed herself by running into a wall or something. Please help.
I tried to attach snap shots. I hope it worked. She is beautiful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2006 November Callie kitten 07.jpg (74.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2007 Sept 01 Callie 01.jpg (70.8 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement