Campus cat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Campus cat

A few weeks ago I saw a couple of kids outside on my college campus holding a little cat. Before that, I had never seen a cat on campus. Some people walk their dogs around here, but I've never seen a cat. I figured that the kids brought the cat here and they were showing it to friends, or letting it get some air outside of the car or something.

But that was maybe two or three weeks ago, and now, every morning, I see a cat that looks like the one the kids were holding. It's always outside in the same area, in the mornings, meowing it's head off! Now I don't know if those kids found it outside that day and they were just playing with it, or if they left it here, or if maybe it lives in one of the houses near campus and just likes to visit here every morning.

I don't know if I should do anything? I'm worried that those kids might have just left it here. Campus police knows about the cat because someone called in and reported that it was dead once, but it wasn't. This morning I saw a girl holding it and thought that maybe she knew who owned it or something, because she picked it up and walked away holding it. But then 10 minutes later the cat comes running back. It always hangs around the same area, but I've only ever seen it in the mornings.

I really hope that someone didn't just leave it here on it's own. It seems strange that it just suddenly showed up, and it's always outside meowing like it's looking for someone. It seems to be friendly though, I've seen lots of ppl stop to pick it up or to pet it and it seems to love the attention. Maybe it lives around here and just likes the attention it gets hanging out around the school?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 11:33 AM
RAT ADDICT

I don't know what to tell you.Maybe put up posters and see if anyone does claim it.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Will It Ever Change?

if it were me and i wasnt' with pat whom is allergic to cats, then i'd take it and put up posters. i wouldn't trust people with feeding it and i'd be afraid it'd get hungry, get worms or fleas lol

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Will It Ever Change?

ooh i just thought of another thing, ask people around campus to see if anyone know's what's the deal with kitty. someone might know where it came from

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Yeah I'm going to ask around today, I know a girl in one of my classes who works for the school, and is also a huge cat lover, so I'm thinking that maybe she's heard something about it.

I would take the cat and put up posters but I'm allergic to cats too.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Ok so I've been asking around about the cat and everyone seems to think that someone did just leave the cat here. I don't know why anyone would chose a college campus to leave their cat? But anyways I guess Campus Police called around to the houses near campus and no one clamed the kitty. So we're going to try to catch it and bring it to a no kill shelter. We already called the shelter and told them the situation so they are going to wait awhile before putting it up for adoption in case an owner shows up. But at least the kitty will be out of the cold and everything - and if no owner shows up I'm sure it'll get adopted fast, it's a really sweet cat.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Will It Ever Change?

oh good to hear

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

glad to hear that things are looking better for the cat

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog: