Be careful what you say ... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Exclamation Be careful what you say ...

Well, at least around my cats!

Every time I've been mad at Sami, I would tell Galina to go poo in his shoe and make it smelly.

Well, today Sami finally got pooed on! ... By Henry!

I know I shouldn't laugh, but even as I type this I get a severe case of the giggles.

I was watching TV after Sami had gone to bed. Most of the lights were out when I hear Sami yelling, "Help! .... Help! .... Heeelllpp!"

I yelled back (from the living room): What is it?

And he yelled back, "Henry is pooing on me!"

I run into the bedroom, turn on the lights, and sure enough--Henry is standing on Sami's legs and pooing on the blanket!

I think Sami is traumatised! And it probably doesn't help that every time I think about it, I start busting my gut from laughing so hard.

But, on a more serious note ...

I'm worried that Henry's UTI might not be gone. I can only fathom the reason he MIGHT not have used the litter box in the bathroom is because the door was almost all the way closed. The girls know how to pull it open and Henry has done it a few times, too, but this time he didn't. But, of all the places for him to poo in the house, why on Sami? Prior to this a few days ago he pooed on the bathroom drain.

I don't have the money right now to take him to the vet and Sami's next big paycheck comes around Sept. 20th. I guess it might have to wait until then if Sami doesn't get a payment from his overtime soon. I certainly want to have him go back, though.

Also, can anyone recommend anything to firm up Henry's poo? It's not pure liquid like it used to be, but it's still very runny--even after the medicines and special diet the vet gave us. In fact, it seems the Prescription diet made it worse. Now that he's been eating the girls' food for over a month, it's a bit more firm, but the firmness comes in 'pieces,' if you know what I mean. *ahem*

(And really ... that poo was a smelly one! )

― Rowan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I've been frosted!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

lol...

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I don't know what to tell you on the more serious side of things though. Someone that can help should come along soon though!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 01:24 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

Hey my husband was getting pooped on by my cat i would be laughing so hard to. I dunno what to say about his pooing outside of the box. I hope hes ok.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

It's a strange one, eh?

I still can't believe Henry pooed on Sami, though! I don't think I'll ever stop laughing over this one!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Ugh. Today Henry pooed TWICE in the kitchen!

At this point, I don't care if we have to use the VISA card, I'm having Sami make him an appointment ASAP to see if that UTI is gone.

On top of that, I'm making Sami get back down the OLD litter box that Henry used when he first came here. (Sami put that box in the attic because he doesn't like it and figured Henry could use the same boxes as the girls). If it's not medical, I'm almost willing to bet Henry is doing all this because he doesn't LIKE using the boxes that the girls use!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Cats are awesome!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Cats do the oddest things!!!

On a serious note i hope its just a case of Henry hating the new litter boxes and nothing more serious, fingers crossed for the little fellow

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 02:20 PM
I Heart My Job

Well I do hope he's ok. I feel bad for Sam a bit. I wouldn't want a cat to poo on me either. ;p

sparkle->
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

I got fed up yesterday after finding a THIRD pile of poo in the kitchen so I yanked the lid off one of the covered boxes.

Later on that night, as I was (councidentally) using the bathroom myself, Henry came into the bathroom and spent about 3 minutes staring at the uncovered box. He would walk from the covered one to the uncovered one. Finally, he took a pee in the uncovered one. Then, he had to come give me support as I sat on the toilet (total cat thing, you know--surely a feeble human like myself cannot potty alone) and about 2 minutes after that took a POO in the uncovered box.

And since then, I haven't found a single poo outside of the box yet! (Knock on wood! )

I'm starting to think that was the problem, and Henry pooed on Sami as revenge for taking away his litter box!

Taught that Finn a lesson!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Glad is seems like something simple and I hope that's all it is for you!!!! Milko uses an uncovered litter tray..after all the problems we had with him at the start I'm never going to attempt changing his tray!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

my old cat hated the covered ones as well, would pee on top of it...so we had to do the multiple cat boxes...now we only have mama and she wants the hood, keeps the nosey dog away while she is doing her business lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Day two and still no poo piles!

Henry also seems in better spirits now. When he was pooing all over the house, he wouldn't come near me and acted scared when I wanted to go near him (though I never fussed at him for doing any of it--even when he pooped on Sami). Perhaps he had a similar experience in his past and his old owner wasn't so kind about it?

I told Sami we could consider buying a tall plastic bin, cut a hole in the front and let that be Henry's box--that way, it will help reduce the smearing of poo on the doors or walls (which was Sami's biggest complaint) but it's open and Henry should still use it.

I pity my poor hubby when I leave to go to Louisiana for a few months. What is he going to do then?

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihlaja

Also, can anyone recommend anything to firm up Henry's poo? It's not pure liquid like it used to be, but it's still very runny--even after the medicines and special diet the vet gave us. In fact, it seems the Prescription diet made it worse. Now that he's been eating the girls' food for over a month, it's a bit more firm, but the firmness comes in 'pieces,' if you know what I mean. *ahem*

I can recommend something and I have found it really helps. We use it on all our cats as they seem to have this problem and no matter what food we use it never makes a difference...but this works miracles!

Its called Protexin and its Probiotics (friendly bacteria) form a line of defence against harmful bacteria and allow the animal to make better use of the nutrients obtained from its daily diet. Proffesional for all animals is a highly concentrated soluble formula to rapidly restore the microflora in the gut, especially following antibiotic therapy.

We have a powder one and you just add a sprinkle to there food, our cats never even notice and the best thing about it as it doesn't harm any of your other cats...so if they have the same food its no problem. Its really great stuff and we got it from the vets but you can actually now days buy it on the net directly which is fantastic.

You may be able to find some stuff on the net about it, there are several different companys around that does this and they also do it in liquid too. It doesn't cost too much and is 100 % worth it, maybe ask your vet? I really think it would be worth a go as it works miracles!

Onto the funny side of the post, it did make me laugh....and reminds me of the situations we've been in and when my fiance has been calling out to me...I know maybe you shouldn't laugh but you just can't help it.

I also know what a pain it is to have cats poo-ing everywhere/ Firstly Molly was a nightmare and we put that down to stress and now she is so much better...but now we have the problems with Taralen....and we have no idea why. Its driving us around the bend.....and its so smelly....and an awful pain to get out of the carpets too. I just hope she will stop and go back to being a good girl...as she always was before.

Hope this reply has helped and I hope Henry gets better soon

Eva x
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

I could ask the vets here about it, though asking them will probably be like asking a wall--all I'll get is a blank stare. Finland isn't exactly a revolutionary leader in domestic animal medicine, if you know what I mean.

I'll certainly see if I can find something out about it, though. Thanks for the advice!

(On a side note, just found FOUR old piles of poo in the bedroom in Sami's dirty clothes heap that he never gets rid of. NO WONDER the bedroom has been smelly! The only reason they were found is I was going through ALL the clothes in the house to pack to go to Louisiana. Joy, joy.)

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

Tags
litter box, litter boxes, litter tray