Carmen! This is for you! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Talking Carmen! This is for you!

How's Milko doing? Do you have any more ?

I'm having Milko picture withdrawal!

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Milko's doing ok...he has a bit of play aggression that we are working on right now...it's slowly getting better. Of course I have pics!!! but my comp is running slow again, so give me a few more days and there will be pics!!! He has grown so so much! He is getting to be a big boy!!!

Last night I started teaching him tricks...he's getting sit really well!!!! He had it down pat last night, wasn't even pawing to get the chicken off me or anything!! so I'm going to continue with that and hopefully he won't be as aggressive!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Poo dont scare me!!!

OMG!! You are teaching your cat to sit!!! I would die if Gabby listened to a single word I said...LOL!! We have to shake the catnip tin just to get her to come to us!! LOL...If I told her to sit, she would probably bat her paw right at me!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Miss New Booty

That is TOO cool, Carmen!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see new pics when you can post em!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Yeah he needed somethin gto occupy his mind more so we're on to kitty training!!! I so badly want to teach him to come to me!!! He won't! He'll stop when i say his name but he won't always come to me. Small pieces of BBQ chicken are a great reward for him!!!

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Blu
Adolescent Pup

Lightbulb

Quote:
I so badly want to teach him to come to me!!! He won't! He'll stop when i say his name but he won't always come to me
With Tito... I tried FOREVER to get him to come to me.. then completly by accident **I was teaching my son how to snap his fingers** and Tito came RUNNING to me and jumped right in my lap! So now if I want him to come..I simply snap my fingers! *now if I could just teach hubby the same trick! LOL*

To thine own self be true..treat your critters like YOU want to be treated!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 06:50 PM

My one cat Eve will come to her name. If I can't find her and sound stressed she comes running. Varuca will come sometimes and Magilla, well he just doesn't get the hang of it yet but since he's a little bit of a velcro kitty I don't need to call to find him much.

Yes Carmen, please hurry with those pics! Oh and that aggressive biting thing is completely normal. They are just playing and will stop on their own eventually. If you notice they never bite hard enough to really hurt you.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Too funny Carmen you mentioned teaching him to sit... I am doing the same thing with Maggie!! Sit & lay down. She has a terrible obsession with trying to take foor off peoples plates. So I am trying to teach her right from wrong. She actually listens to "sit" as long as she knows she will be getting something.

Crazy kitties!! Can't wait to see more Milko pictures!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
I so badly want to teach him to come to me!!! He won't! He'll stop when i say his name but he won't always come to me.
Pixel is the same way. If she's in a different room, she'll come running.
But if she's within viewing distance, she just turns and looks at me, and goes back to what she's doing!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 04:06 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Dena if it he wasn't hurting I wouldn't have looked into so much....but he HURTS!!! The other night he actually lunged at my eye and I had scratches around my eye, from where he had dug his teeth in and then pulled them down, still in my skin!!! He has done that to me a couple of times and he tears into our legs and our arms as well. He bites so hard that if he bites onto our hand he will hang off our hand, by his teeth. He hasn't gotten any softer over time so that's why I looked into the play aggression. I only looked into it yesterday and started applying some of the rules last night and he was much much calmer. Basically we have to initiate play time with him, not allow him to come to us to play and walk away from him when he gets too rough. So I started this last night and this morning, instead of him chowing down on my leg when I let him out the laundry, he cuddled up to my leg and then went crazy on his cat tree. So far today I haven't been bitten once. I know it's early early early days but we really need to work on calming him down...I'm afraid what damage he could do to our neice if she came over, and she loves Milko but seriously he could tear her face off cause he really grips on and I don't think she'd have the strength to pull him off!

And I wanted to say that I haven't really tried to teach him come yet either....we are just taking this one step at a time. Sit was just the first trick that came to mind, but come will be next!