Carrot had her kittens last night - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Carrot had her kittens last night

Hi everyone

My other foster mama Carrot gave birth to 5 kittens last night. There are two orange tabbies, one black tabby, and two tuxedoskittens. Right now Carot and Ruby are staying in my bedroom in big boxes with the kittens. On Saturday Tommy and Nigel introduced themsleves to Ruby and her kittens they behaved well around mama and family. I probably wont let them around Carrot and her family because Carrot is bit skettish around them. Also Dena I would love if we could chat on yahoo or msn one of these days. I love chatting with a fellow foster mom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Romping Ratties

Congrats! I too do a lot of foster work and have raised tons of litters of kittens as well as seen a lot of births. In fact, two of my cats were born in my lap. I would love to see pics if you get a chance to take any.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 05:03 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

on your new kittens!
They sound precious and it's wonderful that you foster and provide a home and lots of love to them

[center]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 05:05 PM

Congrats on the healthy babies! It's so sweet of you to foster them
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 05:43 PM

Oh My! 5 kittens in one litter! Congrats and make sure everyone is eating well...that is a fairly large litter of kitties!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Miss New Booty

Congratulations on the kittens!!!! That is so wonderful of you to foster them! Can't wait to see some pictures of them!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 08:05 PM

5 kittens how exciting! How don't know how you guys foster Mom them, just looking at my humane society website makes me so sad for the animals. You guys have huge hearts!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:13 PM

Congratulations on the kittens. And you better get pics of the two orange tabbies for Pigsterz (she has a little bit of an obsession with orange kitties )
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:15 PM

Congrats on the kittens ... I know that is always a joy ...
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:32 PM

How exciting!!!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Hi everyone
I know your all asking for a pictures but right now I'm making use of my computer before I get a new one in June. I wish i could show the pictures of the 9 kittens and mamas but I dont have a scanner. Maybe in the future I could scan some pictures up. Also a lot of you have told me that's it's great that I'm a foster mom. Thank you for the nice comments. I love fostering animals. I like giving mamas and kittens a nice place to have their babies and they have a lot of room to let the kittens run around. I've fostered special needs cats in the past that is really good experience. I love giving them attention that they don't get in the shelters. Fostering animals has been good experience for my cats Tommy and Nigel they have learned compasion and made friendships with the fosters. If any of you get the chance to foster take it. If you have the chance this Spring please consider fostering for a local or nearby shelter. Giving a safe haven for mama cat is very special. Helping special needs cats and senior cats is heartwarming and compassionate. If any of want to know about fostering leave me a message here and we can find to chat or email each other.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Tommy and Nigel were bottle babies that I adopted. I have bottle raised other kittens but it's very hard and sometimes heartbreaking. Some have died on me. But I tell myself as long as I gave them a fighting chance I did something that most people wouldn't have done. A lot of people would let orphan kittens die without giving them a chance to fight for life. Velvet was a special needs cat I cared for. She is sweet cat that has deformed paws. She loved laying on my chest and purring. She was good friends with Tommy and Nigel. I was going to adopt her but a camp for special needs kids adopted her as a pet counsler. She currently lives with the directors and counslers of the camp when the camp is not in session. Fostering older animals is also good. If any of you want any questions about fostering let me know.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 10:16 AM

You are an angel tot hese animals and I hope you know that. Fostering is just not something I myself could do.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-31-2004, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Hi Romping

Do you still do fostering? I would love to chat with you about fostering I have a yahoo messenger id cavalier85_03 and a msn messenger [email protected]. I'm glad that found other fosters parents on the net to chat with. I've already chatted with Dena and I would love to chat with you to.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 08:03 AM

Congratulations!!!

It's lovely to see young ones of any animal.

Tags
humane society