cat, 11 yrs old, limping - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Red face cat, 11 yrs old, limping

My 11yr old cat has a mysterious limp. She has limped off and on for probably at least 5 yrs. I brought her in twice, and the vet said that he can find nothing wrong with her. Anyone else have a cat with a mysterious limp??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Usually happens with my 10 year old when she's doing strenuous work... like stairs. She really walked funny after our flight down here. I took her in and the vet said that stress of trying to move in a confined space can cause stiffness.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Poor Angel...

We don't have any stairs.....she does get up on the couch, bed, chairs, etc. She looks so pitiful. I've tried to kind of massage her leg and joint softly. She doesn't see to mind it too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

my vet recommended exercise. getting them to play for little bits at a time to limber them up. My cat rarely limps from jumping on furniture since its something she's used to. But maybe if your kitty is landing wrong when she jumps down it causes her to limp. You said it isn't persistent really? Just once in a while?

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Well, she's had it off and on for years. Right now it's pretty bad, but next week it might be gone. That's a good idea, though. I'll play with her tonight to kinda loosen it up. Nothing rough, just chasing a laser light---moving it slowly!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 03:48 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

we brought one of our cats in for a limp and it ended up being nerve damage. i think she jumped from the top of the fridge and landed wrong. the vet splinted it and in time it healed by itself.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Playful Pup

Cats never cease to amaze me. When Grover was a kitten she limped with alternate legs the first day we got her. Think it was just for effect. The next day she was fine!