cat allergies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Red face cat allergies

Hello everyone.

As most of you know, I have a new cat..calista. Well, I've met this guy who is real nice, but he's allergic to cats...lol Do any of u have anyone who is allergic to cats, but can still have cats around? I'm not giving up my cat for some guy..lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 04:01 PM
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

Yes, I have a few friends who are allergic but can be around cats as long as they don't come into direct contact with them. But I don't know how common that is... Good luck with your situation!

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

lol I am alergic to cat and own one...she is my baby so I just either deal with it or take meds for it lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Adolescent Pup

mu aunty used to be alergic, but I think she started taking summit for it, as she has a cat

An rud is fhaich a dheanamh, 's fhaich e a deanamh ceart!

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the **** alone.

It's great to get back to nature. But instead of taking off all you clothes and running down the high street, why not 'become' a fruit? To achieve this, put some weird floaty music on, lie down, relax and say to yourself, "I am an apple. I am an apple. I can feel the wind brush against me as I hang in the tree." In no time at all you'll find that the worries of the day will melt away, and your only concern will be whether you're about to be turned into a pie.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

I know a lot of people who are allergic to cats who keep them or are more than happy to be petting and playing with them. I had a friend who always stuck his head out the car window to get rid of cat dander after he played with all the ones at my aunts' house.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-26-2006, 07:11 PM
SwC
Part of the Pack

My son had significant allergies to cats including the sneezing, stuffed up nose, swollen eyes, and hives to match. He'd get huge red blotches where ever the dander touched on his skin. But to my surprise he still came home with a kitten one day and was determined to keep it. We did. This meant a lot of handwashing, dusting, washing linens more frequently and vacuuming sometimes more than once aday. Also we had to bath her at least monthly and keep her well brushed. It was heck in the beginning but we dealt with it as long as we didnt allow the kitty in his bedroom or to sleep with him. There are sprays for dander control on the market (websearch). In due time his allergy lessened and he became very desensitized to the cat that it doesnt bother him at all now and kitty has been with us for 5 years!! The allergist said we pretty much did what allergy injections would do by desensitizing him with the exposure. Doesnt work for everyone but it did for us.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Adolescent Pup

My saying has always been "LOVE ME LOVE MY CATS!". I let every guy know I had cats and if they were allergic or plain had a problem with that, there was no use in us dating. A few tired to fake liking cats but I picked up on it fast when they used trems like "dumb cat!", "stupid cat". NEVER forget another saying I have too... "Men will come and men will go, but those faithful pets will always be there for you!" (Men were temporary, pets are permant!)

Handicap kitties ♥ just leave bigger and deeper paw prints on your heart.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Title Spy

I'm allergic to cats and I own two of them. I take allergy medication (I have a bunch of other allergies as well) and it seems to do the trick most of the time. I can cuddle with them and pet them as long as I wash my hands afterwards. I just can't get anything on my face and I'm fine (my eyes swell up and my face gets blotchy if I rub my eyes or spend too much time up close with the cat). I just deal with it, my cats are too important to me

Owned by:
Three kitties (Hank, Napoleon, and The White One), two degus (Jay and Silent Bob), and a new chihuahua puppy (Gidget).

Special Pets in Heaven:
Bogus (cat), Dixie (dog), The Orange One (cat), baby iguana, and Charlotte (dog). I miss you all so much.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 12:40 PM

My mom is allergic. She visits and sees and plays with Felix. She just keeps the contact to a minimum.