Cat behaviour - angel or naughty one? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

View Poll Results: Does your cat have a behaviour problem?
Yes 0 0%
No 2 15.38%
Kitty can be naughty but it's not a behaviour problem 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Crazy Woman Driver

Question Cat behaviour - angel or naughty one?

Hi I'm doing a study into pet behaviour and am interested to hear from you. The poll is brief but if you'd like to tell me in more detail about your kittys behaviour problem, I'd love to hear. The results will eventually be publishe don my site and on here. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Caroline
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( Just two of my many alter egos )

I
my new job and my girls, Polly puss cat
and Isis puss cat

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I don't think my cats have straight out behavioral issues, they just like to tick me off sometimes! When one is in a bad mood, I'll sit there and watch him go to up the doorframe or couch and start to sharpen his nails on it, the whole time he will be watching ME with a look of "haha, try and stop me!" the naughty cat!! They're pretty good most of the time, though Pretty calm and well mannered
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Part of the Pack

My Boomer is just a moody cat. He doesn't really have a behaviour problem. I would say he's just jealous when I give the others attention.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 07:05 AM
Adolescent Pup

I won't say Smudge has, she's two so i guess in cat years that makes her a teen. She's a bit funny with strangers, you have to let her come to you on her terms but i think she gets that from me...I'm shy and not good with new people.

An rud is fhaich a dheanamh, 's fhaich e a deanamh ceart!

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the **** alone.

It's great to get back to nature. But instead of taking off all you clothes and running down the high street, why not 'become' a fruit? To achieve this, put some weird floaty music on, lie down, relax and say to yourself, "I am an apple. I am an apple. I can feel the wind brush against me as I hang in the tree." In no time at all you'll find that the worries of the day will melt away, and your only concern will be whether you're about to be turned into a pie.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 02:49 PM
SwC
Part of the Pack

Yep they can be very naughty!! If mine doesnt get her way or see's me putting on my shoes to leave for work she will make it a point to sneak up and bite my ankles or even just jump up grabbing my arm with her paws then nip!! I dont consider it a behaviour problem just spoiled lol.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 02:57 AM
Playful Pup

My Dulcie doesn't have a behaviour problem. She knows her own mind and knows exactly what to do to get her own way. I just do as I'm told!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Title Spy

I don't think my cats have behavior problems but I've definitely questioned the sanity of Napoleon, lol. He goes nuts for invisible things on the floor (complete with flipping around in the air, scratching the ground, and sneaking up v e r y slowly) and even crazier for things like scuff marks on the floor. He won't leave it alone until he's satisfied that it's gone. He also knocks things over or starts to destroy things just to see our reaction. He's generally a good cat though and I love him for all his quirks

Owned by:
Three kitties (Hank, Napoleon, and The White One), two degus (Jay and Silent Bob), and a new chihuahua puppy (Gidget).

Special Pets in Heaven:
Bogus (cat), Dixie (dog), The Orange One (cat), baby iguana, and Charlotte (dog). I miss you all so much.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 03:21 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Samantha, ...well I wasn't sure which poll answer to choose. She sometimes does this bathroom "where at?" thing, where she'll choose a non-kittybox spot to do her business. This can last for months, despite what I do to make her stop. It normally means I crate her and let her out long enough for a "trial run" and if there is no mess in the non-kittbox spot for a day or two, then all is back to normal and she's using the box again. There's no reason for her to not use the box, but it some weird quirk she has every now and then. Currently she's using her box with no problem. (Except for when I was outside cleaning it out yesterday, and she had to go, so she went where the box was suppose to be! )

Other than that, she's just a good old 20 something year old kitty who acts like a kitten most of the time, jolting from corner to corner, batting at shoe strings and avoiding the dog.