Cat Concussion - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Cat Concussion

My cat just ran head first really hard into a door, and I'm scared she has a concussion. What are the symptoms of a cat concussion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 02:19 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I think hit through a running is not that hard at all, unless the other part is moving too that pushes your cat back hard or has sharp surface. Is there any blood or swollen? Take him to the vet if you are too worried..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Newborn Pup

Typically, cats are pretty resilient as animals typically have thicker skulls than humans... but, it's always good that you're concerned enough to make sure she's okay. In general, symptoms include extreme Lethargy and Anisocoria (where one of the pupils is more dilated than the other). In some cases of feline concussions, some cats even get seizures. If you have noticed any of these symptoms or any other changes to your cat's typical behavior, definitely have her checked out. Meanwhile, it never hurts just to have her checked out anyway if your this concerned... good luck!

---
Save a life or two and adopt a pet!

Tags
cat, concussion, head injury