cat dreams - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

cat dreams

I discovered that my cat (Simba...not sky...yet) has been having some pretty entertaining dreams . I don't know what he's dreaming off but he looks so funny smacking at the air and kicking and hissing in his sleep. I didn't even realize cats could dream till I read it somewhere and started observing my cat. He twitches parts of his body when he's dreaming. I know the first time I saw it, it scared me half to death. I went up to him and hugged him and he wouldn't wake up ...then I started lifting him up and still nothing. Finally I gave started touching his ears and he woke up. He was so limb too...I was so scared.
So does your cat have dreams?

My babies...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 03:47 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Emil grunts a bit in his sleep and his legs start going like he is either being chased or doing the chasing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

Its scary to watch sometimes cause I assume the paralysis has kicked in with animals, like it does for humans. They dream and try to move and end up twitching. My cat has done it frequently and i do wake her up. Its just not too amusing for me to watch...

I've done that in my sleep too though. Very rarely and the only time it really happens is... last time when I was in a car sleeping. I knew I wasn't fully 'asleep' but I Started talking and Jorge responded. I was like "huh?" woke me up... hehe

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Our animals twitch when they dream all the time and I don't wake them up--I just let them continue dreaming.

The only scare I've ever had is one night I woke up to see Gerona lying in a funny position on the bed. I thought Sami squished her in his sleep and she was dead! And it made it even worse that (in the dim light) it looked like she wasn't breathing. I started shaking her and she was limp as a noodle. I was about the scream at Sami to wake up and right before I did, Gerona snapped awake. She did almost give me a stroke, though! Naughty girl!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

my kitty doesnt dream least not that i can see, but my dog does, first her paws starts twitching then her eyes strat to twitch then her whole body does. Then she starts barking in her sleep this cracks me up!!! its not her normal bark its like a muffeled uff uff uff and she'll growl lol

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

lol...I let mine dream now because I know that's what's happening and he's not dead. I love hearing him do his little hissing hehehe. My brother's dog also gave me a scare once. She had been sick and went to sleep on my lap. After a while I wanted to put her down...so I did and she didn't wake up. I started touching her face and nose and still nothing. I picked her up again and nothing. She must've been in a really heavy sleep because she didn't wake up until I set her down like five times. Almost gave me a heart attack. I seriously thought she was dead.

My babies...

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Adolescent Pup

I had a scare like that just the other day. I was calling and calling for Pixel, but she wasn't answering back. So I went to look for her, and found her in the middle of the floor, on her back with all four paws in the air. She was laying absolutely still...and her mouth was open!
I just stared at her for a minute and I swear my heart stopped. But then she just rolled over and kept sleeping.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

my cat has mild brain damage, so I am not sure if its dreaming lol, but when shes asleep she purrs and meows and licks the air, I leave her be because if I wake her up it scares her, when she gets scared she has a siezure, but the dog wakes her up by kissing her back, its pretty cute

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley