Cat food - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Cat food

Anyone ever heard of or use "Blue Buffalo Cat Food"? You can look up their site on the web. They also make dog food. It sounds good, but I'll bet it's really expensive.

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 10:27 PM
It's all for them

Blue Buffalo is an excellent food, but yes it is not cheap. Not always easy to find either, but I would recommend it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I got a $3 off coupon from their website. It listed 2 stores in my area that carry it. I'll go check, but the paramedics may have to revive me when I see the price! hee hee

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy

Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Haha!! I've been seeing commercials for Blue Buffalo. It sounds like a very good quality food.

Mandy

Happily owned by:
Baby--female calico kitty
Dale-- male black lab
Coco--male hamster
Rascal--male hamster
Mr. Squeakers--male guinea pig
Phineas--male guinea pig

RIP Patches. You were the sweetest hamster I've ever known. There will never be another like you.

RIP sweet little Bugsy. We didn't know you long, but we loved more than you could have known. Sleep sweet little one.

RIP little Sammy. Thanks for 2 and a half wonderful years! You had a long happy life and we miss you more than you know. Play hard, sweetie...

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 10:58 PM
canis lupus familiaris

BLUE actually makes terrible cat food lol (although better than a lot of other foods). Quite honestly, its impossible to find a GOOD cat food. Cats are true carnivores (no debate here) meaning they are strict meat eaters. Every single cat food on the market (except for some raw foods and canned foods) have fruits and veggies.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Actually, if you're going to feed a true balanced raw obligate carnivore diet, part of that actually IS incorporating a small amount of vegetables and other things. For smaller prey like mice for example, cats eat the entire thing, meaning the stomach contents, and mice do eat vegetable matter as part of their diet along with other things. From everything I've read, feeding them entirely just meat and bones is unbalanced and promotes nutritional deficiencies, since their true, live-diet means eating the stomach contents of their prey, and depending on the prey they catch that day, and when the last time their prey ate, they'll ingest their prey's stomach contents whether it's been digested, partially digested, or not at all.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 11:46 PM
canis lupus familiaris

But if something hits the stomach then it is introduced to the prey's digestion, not whole food.

Most part of feeding cats raw diets is including stuff like stomachs and nutrient rich liver to incorporate that (as well as taurine)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 11:46 PM
canis lupus familiaris

canned food does this by supplementing vitamins into the mix