Cat greetings - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Cat greetings

Do your kitties like to come up to you in greeting and bump heads? Snuggles loves coming up and bumping heads with you! It's his hello greeting! Ginger and Smokie on the other hand, don't. Smokie likes to bump his head into my foot! Ginger likes to bump her head into my elbow and then licks my arm!
When you try to bump heads with Smokie he bites your hair! Silly kitties!!!!!!

What about meowing? Snuggles is the quiet one. But, I call Smokie and he comes running like a dog, meowing! Ginger is the loudest of my kitties. She is very talkative.

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 07:43 PM

Varuca head butts but Eve doesn't. I have one cat at the shelter who just loves to rub all over your face. I find that more kitties like to head butt than not.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Cute thread Jackie!

Tiger greets you by reaching out with his paw. Its soooo cute! Ollie likes to rub all over you and sometimes he does a somersault (spelling?) Jazzy is more timid and usually announces herself with a "Purr!" before approaching. All of my kitties are very talkative. Ollie has a quiet high pitched meow, Tiger has a whiny meow, and Jasmine has a deep meow that almost sounds like a baby crying! Sneakers had the cutest squeaky meow.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

This is how Ollie likes to greet the other kitties:

They usually don't appreciate it though!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 05:59 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Milko likes to greet by weaving through your legs....he does like to get on the lounge and pull on my hair though and he does like to lick...that cat is crazy!!! I've never heard of a cat headbutting before!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 07:29 AM
Resident Pixie

Goldie will rub her head in your hand and purr alot then walk away looking back then stop and roll onto her back ready for a tummy rub!
She's also very chatty when she wants attention or food.

Ronald Hickey

Goldie's DOB 04/03/02

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Tiny Grosskisser

Our cats like to greet us this way....

Run as far away as possible!

Sometimes when I go up to Pumpkin she'll make that cute little cat noise all cats make. Not a purr, but you cat owners know what I mean. It's hard to describe.

Karen

[

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
Milko likes to greet by weaving through your legs....
Speaking of Milko - when do we get to see more pics!
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

soon soon I promise!!!! Little booger is growing up so fast!!!! He is 6 weeks and one day old today!!! And eating, drinking, and using his litter tray like a little trooper!

post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

LOL guys! Awwww such cute kitty stories!!!

Awww look at Ollie!!!!! That's what Snuggles does! (That's head butting Carmen! ) And.. he even does it to the dogs, it's cute!!!!!!
It was funny last night, Brad goes "OWW!" I said "What happened?" He's like "I bent down to see Smokie and he bit my hair and my head!!!" I said I was just posting about that, he doesn't like to bump heads at all! He is such a weird cat!!!!!

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

tell brad to try getting a cat bite on the sole of your foot!!! That hurts like anything!!!! Yes he is still biting...we're working on stopping it still!

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

One of my violin teacher's cats always bumps her head on my hand to say hi. It's so cute!
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Miss New Booty

Aww yes the kitty teeth! Little needles!!!!
I don't want to go OT since this is a sweet kitty greeting thread.. But... you can ask him about scratching for sure, Carmen! I have a few stories about that!
I hope little Milko stops his biting soon!

OH one more thing I almost forgot! Snuggles LOVES to give hugs! It's so cute! He comes up to me, looks at me, then puts his paws on my shorts to say "Hey pick me up!" So, I pick him up and he wraps his paws around my neck, giving me a hug! Sometimes he likes me to carry him around!

~* Jackie *~

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

awww too cute Jackie!! milko will jump up and down, like he is on a trampoline and meow and meow so he can get picked up! As soon as he gets picked up he is a purring machine!!!

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 03:35 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Tator will come up to me if I'm on the toilet (yes toilet) and roll over while stretching her paw out and purring, she wants a belly rub

Pickles will do the same thing (yes me being on the toilet) but she stretches her paws up my legs and gives me that look like "mommy hold me"
Silly kitties won't even let you go pee without some lovings!!!

Bubbles will just jump on ya and literally rub her entire body across your face until you pet her, then when you do she thinks it is play time and begins to bite

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!

Tags
cute kitty, humane society, litter tray, urinary tract infection