cat has watery eye - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

cat has watery eye

My cat's left eye has been squinty the past couple of days and a little watery. It sometimes goes away but comes back again throughout the day. She seems more tired than usual for the most part, but she's still been eating regularly and drinking water. Even though she's been more tired than usual, she's still had some bouts of playful energy, but not for as long as usual. I figure she just has a cold and if it doesn't get better in the next 2 or 3 days, I'll take her to the vet. I don't want to stress her out by putting her in the cat carrier (i'm sure THEN she would have a TON of energy), and taking her out, if it's just a cold. Does this sound like anything serious that I should really worry about, though?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

id suggest bringing her to the vet.

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 03:06 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

It could be itch, allergy or infection, hope it is not serious. Definitely take her to the vet, she might wear a cone of poor face.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Made an appointment for Saturday morning. She isn't itching at her eye and it doesn't seem to irritate her so hopefully she won't need a cone! I am sure that she would hate me for that. At first I thought maybe it was a scratch---because it happened right after I brought home a new catnip toy and she loved it, but so did the other cat and they got into a little tussle over it, and shortly after, her eye started being squinty. Only reason I was worried it might be something more is that she seems a little tired. Right now she is getting ready to pounce the other cat,,, ( she still shows interest in playing-- just less gusto).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Adolescent Pup

How old is she?

Both my cats have runny eyes. They suffer from allergies and might have been born with Feline Herpes Virus. They are on Flovent for their allergy-related asthma issues but, other than that, we just wipe the drip from their eyes. As long as you don't see any pus, she should be okay. A trip to the vet makes sense however since you've noticed she's been tired as well.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Newborn Pup

My moms two cats always wrestle, they are sisters, and their wrestling can get pretty intense sometimes! Since they both have their claws, it can get a little hairy... there have been quite a few times that the less dominant cat, Mrs. Kitty, came away with a squinty eye because her sister caught her with a claw or something. It would be squinty and watery for a few days, never more than a week, before it would clear up again on its own. That could be what it was since you mentioned your cats had had a little tussle over a new toy. Catnip definitely makes kitties crazy!

Hope its nothing serious though!!

Tags
cat eye watery virus sick