Cat just puked- is he ok? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question Cat just puked- is he ok?

My cat just walked by me and puked up a yellow, watery colored mess- not a whole lot- and he didn't heave or anything. There weren't any chunks of stuff in the water, but why did he puke, and should I be concerned? Is this the formation of a hairball or something? I have been feeding him about 1/8 cup of premium canned food morning and night, along with his dry food. Is he getting too much moisture in his diet? Any advice would be great!

GeorgetteDragon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

How's he feeling? Eating/drinking/acting ok? Cats will sometimes just vomit for no reason and be fine. If he's doing ok otherwise, I'd just keep an eye on him. If he continues to vomit multiple times, you'll want to have him seen.

Stephanie

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Newborn Pup

Maxx has done this several times over the years and was just fine. But watch closely and monitor behavior and such.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 09:58 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Chances are he ate something that irritated his stomach. Often when I find this little bile vomits I'll see a small piece of a rubber band, a fake christmas tree needle (those little plastic ones)...even found a balloon once They should be fine. As the others said watch him, but I wouldn't be too concerned.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Psst. This was posted in December of last year.

Stephanie

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

You know, I just looked at the post before me, Thanks Jade.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Playful Pup

Puking kitty

I wouldnt be to concerned. Just keep an eye on him if he continues to do it alot i would maybe bring him to a vet. My cat pukes every so often at home to. Maybe get some of that grass you can grow inside the house. Cats love to eat that.

Tags
canned food, dry food