cat keeps puking - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

cat keeps puking

I have an 18 year old cat who throws up constantly. When I say constantly I mean like 3-5 a night, about 3 nights a week. I have had her to the vet several years back and they couldn't find anything wrong with her. Needless to say I am tired of stepping in it when I wake up. I love my kitty to death, but something has to help her.

Some of the things I have tried:
Changing her food
Changing her treats
Changing the amount of food she gets
Hiding the garbage
A couple of over the counter meds that were supposed to reduce sheddling.

I have tried so many things. She is old, but otherwise a very healthy cat. I can't tell you what breed she is, because she was abandoned as a kitten and I took her in. She eats and drinks with no problem. There is nothing weird about her bathroom habits.

The only odd thing that I have noticed is that she always does this at night. She'll puke up hairballs at any odd hours, but the constant ones are always at night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Part of the Pack

My very first kitty, Mina, was a Siamese and when she was about 9 she started doing the very same thing. She was checked once, and couldn't find anything, but when she was 10, we took her again. They did x-rays and opened her up and found she had cancer of the stomach. She was so full of it, they went ahead and let her go. She never acted sick, either, she was active, playful, ate normal...she never seemed to feel bad at all. I'd take your kitty to the vet again. At that age, there's bound to be something wrong. That's a good, old age for a kitty! The one I lost in July was also 18.

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

I'm going to move this to the cat section - Good luck with your cat! I hope you find out what's wrong and she's feeling better soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

hmm

Your answer kind of makes me sad. I don't think anything like that is wrong with her. When I had her in several years back they were going to do x-rays and mentioned surgery to see. When they felt her stomach, the vet said that she had a strange stringy lump (that was the best she could describe it.) She managed to massage it out. I have had her in once since then and she's been fine. They did a bunch of tests on her and whatnot. I do think though that if she had something seriously wrong with her she would be dead by now. This has gone on for quite a few years. I would say around 5 years.

Tags
cat, puke