Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Cat Mimicking Owner

Tags
litter box
2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Darko 
#1 ·
All right... so one night Jorge at random looked up cats on Wikipedia and started reading about them. After which he decided he wanted to cuddle with Callie. They're bonding very well.

One interesting fact we read was that cats can mimick their owners behaviors (cuddling during tv time or using the litter box before bed or immediately in the morning)... it also said cats may try to mimick sounds their owner makes.

Jorge read this and brought up something he'd noticed before. At night on a couple occassions he has heard this noise which he thinks is me, whispering something he can't hear. He'll ask if I've said something, which I haven't. He's come to figure out that its a noise Callie is making. i've heard her almost repeat back to me whining noise on occassion but this is different...

has anyone ever had an experience like this before?

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

#3 ·
One of our Kitties "Meow" we noticed always goes to her litter box which is directly across from our main bathroom when ever I or my son goes to the bathroom. It's almost like she times herself to go when we do lol. She always walks in with one of us first then she goes straight to her box and does her business at the same time. She also starts whining and staring at you when it's bedtime as if to say "Hey, bedtime you nuts I'm tired".

#5 ·
You know I've never noticed before, but last night about bed time, Smudge was come up to me, meowing then walking toward bedroom, then coming back when i won't move....I put her food down in the morning and she eats little and often....well so i thought....she actually goes to eat around the same times i do when i'm at home....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.