cat pee - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

cat pee

please help i have 4 fixed cats 1girl 3 boys all have been together for 2 years now all of a sudden someone is peeing in my daughters room...to boot her brand new futon,....why all of a sudden and how do i catch the colprit?
i did let in a neighbors cat(mine are indoors) about 2 weeks ago..but now just starting to see pee...

please help any advise

are they mad or have uti's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Use an enzymatic cleaner to get rid of the odor and the stain. If they are smelling it still, they'll keep peeing in that same area.

Even if you've already cleaned the area, it's most likely still in the carpet deep down.

It could be something upset them, it could be other things. If you think it's a UTI, don't hesitate to go to the vet. UTI's are nothing to mess with.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 02:46 PM
Miss New Booty

Crazy Chin Lady had good advice!
There are really good cleaners to get the smells out that you can get at a local petstore, such as Nature's Miracle and Simple Solution. People also reccomended vinegar and water, too.
I would talk to the vet about it, too, see if there is any chance of a UTI. It's possible, too, someone was mad that another kitty came in their house, since you said your nieghbors cat came in. You don't have any idea who it could be? My male cat, Snuggles started doing that when we got a hooded litter box. Have you gotten a new box and/or a new litter? (sometimes they don't like a change)
There is an awesome product called Feliway, it helps with behavioral problems in cats, and cats who are urinating outside the box and it might be worth a try, since you don't know which cat is doing it! My vet highly reccomended it.
Here is a link..
http://www.feliway.com/
They have this at Petsmart, too. They also have a plug in, too.
There is also a litter called Cat Attract.. it's supposed to bring your cats to the box. We have tried it and it seemed to work.
http://www.preciouscat.com/
I hope you find out which kitty it is. Keep us posted!

~* Jackie *~

Tags
litter box, male cat