The Cat Poo Conspiracy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Wink The Cat Poo Conspiracy

There is something strange going on here. Every time I get ready for work in the morning...every single morning...all three cats go to the bathroom (number 2 ) one right after the other! I mean, as soon as I get one pile scooped out, another cat comes in and goes to the bathroom. And after that, the last cat comes in and does the same thing. What the heck is going on? They used to do it right when we went to bed and it would drive us nuts because we would have to get up and scoop it. But now that I work early, they all stink up the bathroom that I use while I'm trying to get ready! I just don't get these cats. I think they are doing it on purpose and laughing at me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rats have rights...& mice too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

It is a conspiracy....they don't like you working so they trying to poo you into stopping!!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Um, you think they are doing it on purpose? They are doing it on purpose! Looks like they are all on the same schedule.

It is amazing how much cat poop can stink! Whenever Holly (my parent's cat now) used the litterbox, I used to blame the smell on my dad only to find out it was her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise
It is amazing how much cat poop can stink! Whenever Holly (my parent's cat now) used the litterbox, I used to blame the smell on my dad only to find out it was her.
I know! Its awful!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

oh yeah...Milko stinks the laundry out!!! But I'm trying to teach him to cover it up so I've been leaving one in there for him. He covers one after he has done another one. It's like he needs to have his markings there. And cause he had so many problems at the start with his toilet habits we're kinda having to deal with the stinkies....a bit of a reminder as to where he has to go!! But I do clean it out completely every second day (new litter and all...I know you don't have to but I'd prefer it that way)

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Steph, just to let you know, I have a wonderful room spray that is completely organic and smells heavently. It is by Kiss my Face. One small spray would make your bathroom smell awesome! It really works. I use it after Dave goes in the bathroom!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Miss New Booty

Or... how about this.. EVERY time we dump the litter and clean out the whole box, Smokie goes and pees in it right after!

Snuggles has this thing where he doesn't bury his number 2! He is declaring he is the top cat, I've heard that is what it means and he always does it, never covers it!
Maybe all your cats want to be top cat and they are having a battle against themselves? Or it could be a conspiracy??

~* Jackie *~

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygurl823
Or... how about this.. EVERY time we dump the litter and clean out the whole box, Smokie goes and pees in it right after!
All mine do that too! And none of them know how to bury it. I think it is a conspiracy! They hold it all night and then when "mommy" gets ready for work, its time for all of them to go poo! But they wait until I've scooped out the previous pile so I have to scoop it two more times. Brats!

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

All my guys want to be first after I clean. Since you clean after every cat, yours must be in heaven!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 08:49 PM
New Title? MEMBER.

Cats can be so bratty sometimes!

My cats have to use the litterbox right after it's been cleaned. They usually try to do a number 2, and occasionally they are able to do both! Yuck!

Candice

A friendly forum for pets and their owners!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 02:04 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

it is a conspiracy! LOL! funny...

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Litter box duty is the worse!!!

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I think its a conspiracy, to make you late for work!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 05:58 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Yes, there is a frenzy in our house to see who can get to the freshly cleaned litter box first.

And Galina LOVES to wait for Sami to go do HIS number 2 in the bathroom so she can have a stink-out contest with him. I can't help but laugh when I start to hear him cough and sputter in the bathroom.

But Galina is obsessive-compulsive when it comes to covering poo. It all MUST be covered. When Sami is clipping dry poo from Kirby's behind, she tries to cover it up as he clips. And when Seamus still wasn't potty-trained, Galina always tattled on him when he pooed somewhere because she'd grumble as she tried to cover it.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 05:49 AM
Irregular and Proud!

Wow! You know what you all need. The automatic scooping litter box. We have 3 cats, and they love it. We used to have one giant litter maid and a traditional box, but when I took the littermaid to clean it, we had a riot. Some inappropriate elimination, but I was NOT really mad at them. Every morning at 10 AM, they line up to poop. I didn't know this until after that day and promptly went out and bought another automatic box (because otherwise the first one could never be cleaned again).

With two automatic boxes, its great. They still que up, but its even funnier. I've walked in to find one cat in each box and then the other one waits until the box scoops and then she goes. And plus, its free entertainment for them. Sometimes, the box with start its scooping cycle, and they will all rush back to watch it.

So your cats are plotting against you. They've heard about the Littermaid and they want one or two (as is the case with my cat). A couple of weeks ago Petsmart had a $20 discount on both boxes online. If you printed out the online price, the store would honor it (which means your savings didn't get eaten up in shipping) And to top if off, my husband was on a two week exercise abroad when I got the second scooping box, and he said that it significantly cut the cat box smell.

Patti

Back in NC again! (Army wife and proud!)
Chinnies: Maureen, Max, and Muad'Dib
Cats: Daphne (who says, I only play with mousie toys with a string tail and a bell.)
And introducing: Tasselhof and Kittira (Hubbie's childhood cats, who are 10 and 9 repectively)

Tags
litter box