Cat scratches - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Cat scratches

Anyone know when a cat scratch is infected or not.
My cat clawed me to bits yesterday.
On my face I have 3 holes. One of the holes has swollen and the skin around it has gone brown.
The others scratches seem to be ok.
I bathed them in Dettol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Resident Pixie

I'd get it checked out if I was you if you're that worried about it. What did you do to merit a mauling?

Ronald Hickey

Goldie's DOB 04/03/02

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Have you had a tetanus jab in the last 10 years? As if not you will need to go see a doctor and get one as cats claws are normally full of muck and grime and germs so you don't really want to risk getting lock jaw. As for the infected scratch if your worried see a doctor although i imagine the skin is swollen mainly because of the impact caused by the cats claws and the brown skin could be dead skin or brusing starting to come up!

Hope your feeling better soon and the scratches heal quickly

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydian1
I'd get it checked out if I was you if you're that worried about it. What did you do to merit a mauling?
The cat hates the new puppy and I was trying to remove her from him or he would be the one covered in scratches

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Adolescent Pup

oh my gosh, on your face even? you poor thing.
is the puppy ok?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha elise
oh my gosh, on your face even? you poor thing.
is the puppy ok?
Yes the cat never got near him. I was the scratch barrier.
I have a black eye now. My first ever black eye and I got it from a cat

My handsome Prince

Indy and Myfanwy

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Cat scratches are serious but even more serious are cat bites. If you are ever bitten, go to your vet and get antibiotics. My co-worker was bit by a cat at work and within 90 minutes her finger was swollen three times the normal size and the infection started going up her wrist. She needed major antibiotics.

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTChin
Cat scratches are serious but even more serious are cat bites. If you are ever bitten, go to your vet and get antibiotics.
I'll head straight to my vet if I'm bitten, Brenda.

I had to, sorry!

Stephanie

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Whoops

Can you tell my life is animals, animals, animals? LMAO!

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 11:50 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

hydrogen peroxide usually does the trick for me. my cats have never mauled me but they do occasionally think that its okay to climb me to get my attention.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:01 PM

new kitty in town

I have an 8mo. old cat and I have recently introduced a cat into the home which is 8yrs. old. How long will it take for the older cat to "lighten up" it's stress factor about the younger cat which just wants to play?