Cat smarter then...us? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2003, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Wink Cat smarter then...us?

The other day, I was in the bedroom on the phone, and I noticed babyGirl on our small entertainment center, she stretched over and was attempting to balance on the door knob to make it turn!

Ray then caught her, picking up her favorite container of treats like a human from their spot, settingt them on the table and trying to open the lid! Scary or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 08:09 AM

LOL, they are smart aren't they? Precious will try to open the cabinet where we keep her cat food....
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

One of my cats used to stand by the back door. "Do you want to go outside?" I'd ask. She'd look at me like "You fool" then I'd say "Show me" and she would stretch up and pat the door knob.

Cats are not dumb. It just takes them longer to train us than it does dogs!!

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

I mean sometimes I am just surprised-those little things add up!

When I was deathly ill yesterday B.G kept snugging up to me to sleep-like she knew I was sick and needed loving! I love my pets!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

I'm totally convinced that they know when we are sick. And if I'm down in the dumps and crying Sasha (a cat in a dog suit) is in my face licking tears and trying to make me feel better - if she'd just use a breath mint first!

Erin cut her leg really badly when she was about 9 years old and one of our cats would not leave her side until the stitches were gone and she was feeling better. And the cat was always cautious NOT to step on the injured leg.

You're right - it is interesting when you start adding up all the little stories. I've read lots of books about some of the things that cats do that you would never think of them doing.

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 01:12 AM
Salamander Buffalokisser

when I was little we had a cat named scooter and he could open doors, I remember always having to lock the top lock of our front door so he couldn't get out. he always knew when I wasn't feeling good and would lay across my legs and not my stomach.

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 02:33 AM

I had a wonderful cat named Audriel that would find her treats and manage to open the lid on them. She would occasionally run into the problem of not getting any of them though if the little can was setting down in something and she couldn't turn it over or the level was too low for her to get her paw into.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

They can be quite clever! My mom's Bengal can turn the knobs on the doors and open them, opens cupboard doors, turn light switches off, and his newest thing is trying to flush the toilet.

Rhonda

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

I've read that it isn't too difficult to teach cats to actually use the toilet - have you tried that yet?

CRITTERCALL

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 03:28 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

No, not yet. I don't think he'd go for that anyway. He's a dedicated litter box user, plus I don't need to go into the bathroom and find out he forgot to flush! You know how men are!

Rhonda

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 09:39 PM
AntherStatistic

No doubt, any cat owner will know there is more to them than meets the eye. my Prince cat is a little devil. (she thinks she's an angel) she can get into just about anything in the house no matter how hard we try to keep her out. Her passion is to get in the highest place possible for naps. I can never find her! As for the cuddling thing she is pretty anti-social one of the you'll love me when I'm in the mood types, I'm the only person she actively likes but when ever I get upset or don't feel well she casual strolls to my lap and cuddles up a storm. I don't know what I'd do without her.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2003, 09:17 PM
HyperAngel

Hey she liked me once, when she thought I was you. Hehe. Prince jumped in my lap while I was sitting in Stacy's chair. It was all fine and dandy until she noticed it was me!

Tags
cat food, litter box