Cat-tastic - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

View Poll Results: Do you have any cats?
Yes I do! They are greeeeeeaaaatttt! 11 73.33%
No, I am allergic. 4 26.67%
No cats are small demons. 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Post Cat-tastic

How many people out there have cats?

If you have cats, how many? How old are they? Can you hook us up with a picture?

If you don't have cats- Why? Allergies? Not your type of animal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 10:59 PM

We have two cats

Pics of Precious can be seen here

We also have a 10 year old Manx
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 12:52 AM
AnitaN

Yes, I have 8 cats! Their pictures are at my website: http://www.anitassite.moonfruit.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 10:31 AM

I love kitties. However currently I only have neighbor kitties. I give them lots of attention and love and an occaisional treat.

I am allergic to some kitties. It depends on their dander and their owner. If their owner cleans house well, I usually am fine.

I hope to have kitties of my own again one day.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 12:47 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

For the first time in I don't know how many years we have only one cat. As some of you know, I lost a cat last summer and he was one of those very special cats that loved everyone - especially people who don't like cats! I consider myself fortunate to have had two of the greatest cats in the world.

John Robert was born on a horse farm in Lex and was attacked by a rotty when he was a kitten. His pelvic bone was broken and the vet had decided to just put him down. When my friend steeled herself to do that, JR meowed at her and walked across the table (there had been fear that he would never be able to walk). She promptly put him back in a cage. As the saying goes, all you have to do is put all the parts of a cat in a room and close the door. Open it again in six weeks and you'll have a complete cat.

So I took him home and named him John Robert, much to the chagrin of my SIL John. He was actually Erin's cat but when we split up animals when we moved we ended up with him.

He is a robust cat - if you walk behind him and look down at him he looks as though he could give birth at any time.

I would post a picture, but being the great computer illiterate that I am you'll just have to imagine him. He is black, med length soft fur that knots up when you look at him, brilliant green eyes and a small white patch on his neck.

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 04:18 PM

I LOVE cats! I'm more of a cat person than a dog person, but with all the dogs here I can't have a cat. I had a cat that stayed at my moms house when I moved, his name is Fuzzy and he's part siamese with the WHOLE siamese attitude! Such a butthead, but you can't help but love all the personality!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 09:02 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

And my experience has shown that the more "Siamese" (sometimes translated mean) the cat, the longer it will live. I know I've seen some that were at least 20 years old, still terrorizing anyone who would pay attention to them.

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

I always thought I was a dog person but now I am not so sure. I guess maybe I am 50/50 in that aspect. After the wedding bells ring and we get a dog, I'll let y'all know the outcome.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 09:31 PM

We have one cat...Socks
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 01:21 AM

Really Critter? I didn't know that! When we move (in January hopefully) I may be able to bring him down here . I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he did live to 20 and was still a terror, lol.

Capn' I think you forgot some options, Yes, and they're small demons, and no, but I wish I did,

Laura, Socks is adorable! I'll have to see if I can find a pic of Fuzzy to scan in here
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2002, 05:08 AM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

I've always been a small dog person, and worked with someone who said that my small dogs are just cats in dog suits. May be true. I had seven cats at one time, which was just too many in a typical suburban house (maybe 2400 sq. ft.) but I finally trimmed it down by giving a few to new homes. The only big dog I'm really crazy about is a Golden, and I read once that the Cavalier is considered by some people to be like a small Golden - so does that make the Golden a big dog in a cat suit?

CRITTERCALL

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 01:36 AM
mydogsrmyangels

Unhappy No cats

I'm sorry to say I don't have any cats. I am more of a dog person, but don't have any because we have too many dogs. I always had at least one growing up though. I wish I could have one now but one of our dogs is "anti-cat".

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 06:54 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I love cats.Toby and callie most of you have seen.My daughter took them in and they live with her.I have 9 cats outside.They were strays.I have some that I could catch spade and nuetered and still have 3 more to try toget to have them spayed and nuetered.NO pics as they are all still skiddish of humans

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-21-2002, 12:05 PM

Yep!! I've got cats 3 wonderful cats!!

Ozzie-black male cat he is 8 months old.

Fuzzy Wuzzy- black and white medium haired cat female and she is 1 year old.

Gus-Tabby male and he is 2 and 1/2 years old.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-25-2002, 02:17 AM
Cybermoukette

Wink

I'm a cat lover . We've always had cats at home with my parents. We've had many. I had my first cat when I was only 2.

I am now married and have a female Korat. Her name is Pitoune and is 8 years old now. My husband is more of a dog person but in fact, he had never owned any cat and didn't know much about them. Now that we have Pitoune, he admits that cats are of course different but interesting too. He truly loves our cat and often plays with her. She loves it so much that she even prefers to play with him. When I grab the rope to play, she won't make a move. If he comes and starts to move the rope, she'll bounce on it at once....

In exchange, she knows that if she wants a bit of hugging, she has to come towards me. My husband isn't the kind of person who will bother to hug. Whenever I sit on the sofa or am typing at the computer, she will come along to sleep on my lap. In the morning, she gets up as soon as I get up. I can be the first or the last one to get up, she will never come towards my husband when he gets up but towards me. She knows that I will grab her in my arms and pet her while my husband doesn't.

I think I couldn't live without a cat. They are part of my life.

Tags
humane society, litter box, male cat, white cat