cat teeth - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

cat teeth

My cats, Boots and Spunky, were due for their annual shots. I lost my job, so money was a concern. Spuny is healthy, but Boots has OCD and needs to see a vet to be on Prozac. I tooks Boots to his regular vet for his shots, but wanting to save money, I took Spunky to a Petco clinic for his shots. The vet looked in his mouth and noticed a little tartar on one of his back teeth. Then without even asking me, she took a clipper and snipped the point of the tooth off to get rid of the tartar! Then she clipped the tooth on the other side so his teeth would match. She said, "There, now you got a free dental". I didn't know what to think. Did she do my cat a favor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Newborn Pup

hey yea it would of been nice of the vet to ask u but doin ur cats teeth but it must be a good thing is ur cat ok tho no problems with ur cat the vet had to ring me up and ask if he could remove my cats bulls i told them i had no money and wont be able to get it done i picked him up 3 days later and they had been removed for free payed 180 for his tail to be removed a

Last edited by kittykat; 10-21-2009 at 03:27 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Hello Earthling

I think it was totally wrong of the 'vet' to just snip his teeth like that. The vet should have asked you first.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 02:54 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

The vet might think he did something but for the cat, I think it's not a big thing.

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

anyways, if your cat has too much tartar or cavities, the teeth fall off or need to be pulled out during teeth cleaning when it gets too bad. I don't think it really solves anything to clip the tooth, as long as the kitty can eat normally, there's really no problem in my opinion health wise.
And that vet should have asked you or told you BEFORE!

Tags
free dental