Cats fighting - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Cats fighting

So 2 weeks ago we introduced a 6 month old male into our home with my 3 year old female, The male is a blue russian and is pretty big for his age very tall, my female is a smaller siberian so they are about the same size.. anyways for the last two weeks they have been amazing, way better than I ever excepted the first 12 hours te 3 year old would follow him around and hiss if he tried to smell her, after a few days they started sleeping pretty close to each other and there always in the same room, so 2 weeks have gone by now and today im playing with them in the kitchen and there both running around all full of energy when the younger one pounces on the older one and grabs onto her pretty good, older one starts hissing and screaming starts scratching and what not, we broke it up and for the last like 15 minutes hes been stalking her trying to fight her, I think its just dominence being introduced so should I let them fight it out, wife is freaking out and I could use some advice, thanks a lot.
Pat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Hello Earthling

Did you just stick them together or did you slowly introduce them?

Neutered? Fixed?

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 02:35 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Let them fight it out. They'll sort it out; they need to figure who the dominant one is. As long as they don't start injuring one another, let them duke it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Part of the Pack

Agree with FlickeringHope...should settle down in a few weeks. IF it gets serious, (severe injuries) you may have to keep them separated. We had an aggresive cat who could not be put with one of our females, so we installed a screen door in approximately the middle of our house so they were safely separated. Better than having to re-home!

~Amy~ Mom to Lucy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Forever in our hearts...
Mina, Psyche, Puff, Bootsy, Tommy, Sooner, Quinnie, and Lucky.

~and last but not least, my bunbun Roger~
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

yeah the younger guy has never shown an aggressive side before, he looked more like he was trying to play for the first time with the older one and she wasn't having it, hasn't been a problem since but hopefully if they have to fight they do it while the wifes at work lol
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

It can be stressful... but it's a natural process. If they start doing it when she's there, you could tell her to go outside. Her stressing out about it, will only, believe it or not, make their fighting either worse, or prolong it, because they're both drawing off of her negativity and using it against each other. She needs to stay calm...and if she can't do that, she needs to separate herself from it.

Tags
cats fighting