cats and foil/puzzles - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

cats and foil/puzzles

I thought cats hated foil?! I used some to protect a puzzle I was working on while I was off hurt and Millie LOVES playing on the foil. In fact, last night she stole pieces of my puzzle again.
Is there any other way to protect my puzzle from her? It is one of those foam ones so they stick together in long lines and she just thinks it's great to carry around the house. I found pieces everywhere this morning. Luckily I only had the perimeter finished.
This cat is crazy! Oh and she likes the feel of double sided tape too. She likes to pull that up and play with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My cat loves foil, I roll it into balls for him to play with. I don't know what you should do to protect your puzzle though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Title Spy

My cats love foil too.

I was going to suggest one of those roll-up puzzle mats, but I don't think that would work for the foam-backed kind...

Owned by:
Three kitties (Hank, Napoleon, and The White One), two degus (Jay and Silent Bob), and a new chihuahua puppy (Gidget).

Special Pets in Heaven:
Bogus (cat), Dixie (dog), The Orange One (cat), baby iguana, and Charlotte (dog). I miss you all so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Adolescent Pup

OMG SOMEONE HAS A CAT LIKE ME I didn't think there was such a thing, my cat too LOVES foam, and tape, she tries to eat the tape right off the roll...what the **** is that about...and foam we have it to insulate our air conditioners and she just jumps up at the window and pulls it out and runs around in circles...But yes some cats love foil...im not sure anything will help save your puzzle its more of an "i just stole your puzzle and you think its cute" kind of thing, so good luck try closing it in a room she cant get too.

Sherry

Mommy to 10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
's

2 Kitties

3 doggies

1 fish

1 snake

1 iguana and 2 geckos

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 06:58 PM
SwC
Part of the Pack

Lol, yep mine loves foil also! Along with any type of Rubber Bands! She will find a way to climb shelves anything if she knows there may be rubber bands hidden somewhere to include knocking anything and everything out of her way to find it. I swear she smells them instantly. She also can be a little thief. Long time I couldnt figure out where all my pens were disappearing to until I cleaned out the back of my bedroom closet and found her stash along with toy mice, jewelry and other trinkets she managed to hide.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

My roommates cat Milo was like that. (he's Millies namesake) He used to steal her keys, earrings, etc. Even to the point of opening her drawers to steal the earrings.
Millie tried to steal my watch this morning. Millie also tried to steal my sisters earrings and necklace when she was visiting. I found the last couple pieces of puzzle that I couldn't find this morning in my bed later today. She LOVES putting stuff in my bed.
Her favorite thing is the dog's toys though. She plays with his toys more than hers. Even tosy that are bigger than her.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

oh yeah....and for the puzzle....I just taped the foil down so she can lay on it and not get to the puzzle. Hopefully that will work for now.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 07:35 AM
SwC
Part of the Pack

Maybe a piece of lightweight plexiglass if the puzzle isnt too large. I use plexiglass to keep my priaire dogs in one main play room as they are unable to scale it to climb over and so I can see what kind of mischevous they are into. On occasion I use it when I'm doing alot of paper work at the table to keep Meow from mixing everything up (like my tax paperwork at the moment lol) or tearing up the papers.