Caught another kitten today... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Change Oil

Caught another kitten today...

Well... as a black kitten was rescued by us and given to a woman who ran a rescue and just happen to have a mother with babies the same age... we have now caught her litter mate.

Due to the small size of the other kitten (the vet at a glance though she was only 3 weeks old when in reality we knew she had been born around Easter making her about 6 weeks at the time.) we had thought that if there had been other kittens they had not survived. They were much too small... well we were mistaken. We captured by hand a black and white tuxedo kitten. Much bigger than the last but still quite small for her age. She was with the same mother as the first we had caught and given away.

This one we may keep for a few weeks, as our neighbors have asked for a kitten since their cat is getting quite old now. So we'll keep her to treat her for worms, fleas, and her gunky eye. Then we'll take her across the street to her new home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

How fortuitous for the little kitty. I hope the eye clears up and that she is given a clean bill of health.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Change Oil

and two more babies spotted!! my goodness... we can't recall whom else was pregnant outside... one we know but she hasn't had hers yet. These are as old, if not a couple weeks older than this one we've caught today... oye, we're doing our best here.

Mouse (the mother of the kitten we caught today) is our first target for a hopeful spay and release... This is her second litter of our knowledge and she is the most fragile of the outdoor kitties.

, [username] .

Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 09:02 PM
I Heart My Job

Good luck with the kitties.

sparkle->
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Part of the Pack

I hope the kitties get a clean bill of health. Good luck with them

My babies...

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

I hope everything is alright for the kitties. I would seriously take some of them in if i lived closer i want another kitty i miss my Neo (i couldnt keep him)

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Aspires to Change Oil

Thanks everyone. The little one is a cute... she's staying in my bathroom (I know for sure its female now) She has a litlte hiss but she doesn't really run away from you. Just sits behind the toilelt. She does cry when you leave her all alone. I don't blame her.

, [username] .

Contacts are my profile.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

That's great that you are rescuing them!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Awww, she cries?? That's so sad

I hope she gets a clean bill of health really soon! Sounds like she needs some lovin's.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 12:01 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Good that you are taking them in and cleaning them up.
You wonderful person you!!!
I remember when I was small there was some stray kittens been born near my grans flat and I wanted to take them all home but my mum is allergic so we called the RSPCA.

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Change Oil

She doesn't cry much... funny cause she doesn't seem to want to be pet. I'm sure she thinks "the hand is sooo big! I am so small..." but when you leave her alone in the bathroom she cries for a minute or two. She's just returned from her vet check up.

Upper respitory, matted eye, most likely worms though there were none in the stool, and fleas... so she'll stay separated from the others for a while longer.

We are tentatively calling her Botox.... Her cheeks are like tiny marbles they are soo poofy.

Thanks, Sheryl. We're hoping to find them all homes... We have 6 cats ourselves, and now 3 kittens in need of adoption. 2 more outside we'll try to capture and they are indeed from this same litter so 4 in this litter... and another one pregnant for sure. We're doing our best.

, [username] .

Contacts are my profile.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Aspires to Change Oil

The baby... hehe and our other two rescue kittens in need of homes.

Our little ones...

, [username] .

Contacts are my profile.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Adolescent Pup

oh i love her markings! what a little beauty