CFA Cat Show Sept 18th-19th, 2004 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Talking CFA Cat Show Sept 18th-19th, 2004

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a HUGE CFA cat show in Santa Monica, California on Saturday September 18th and Sunday September 19th. I will be there with my kitties and I would LOVE to meet some paw-talkers. Also, get your cameras ready because there will be a a maximum of 450 cats represented and you don't want to miss out on the really rare breeds. For more details and info, click the link below:

http://www.geocities.com/santamonicacc/show.html

Hope to see you there!
Amber

ps - Not in california? Try this link!
http://www.cfa.org/exhibitors/show-schedule.html

PSx2 - Save your cat show pictures for the paw-talk website breed profiles section. As I continue to write the profiles, I am left with barely two pictures and they are both siamese. Please help us to purr-fect this section by submitting pictures, and don't forget to get the breeder's permission before snapping a shot. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by RareBreedExotic; 09-12-2004 at 10:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

That's too far for me to travel, plus I think everyone's planning stuff for the 19th (it's my birthday.) Otherwise I would LOVE to go and meet you and the kitties!

OT, has your blue boy found a home?

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

blue boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
That's too far for me to travel, plus I think everyone's planning stuff for the 19th (it's my birthday.) Otherwise I would LOVE to go and meet you and the kitties!

OT, has your blue boy found a home?
happy early birthday roz! it's a shame your b-day is on that weekend.....

beleive it or not, my blue boy and my red boy were adopted by a couple who grew up with exotics from my breeding partner's cattery. my babies have been re-located to sunny san francisco and are enjoying the cool ocean breezes as we speak. i just couldn't have asked for a better match..

.....ahhh......bliss.........

click here for the latest pictures of my babies (most are reserved which means placed in homes):

www.rare-breed-cattery.com/recent_pictures.htm

amber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Aww. Glad they found homes! I seem to recall no one showed a serious interest in your kitties, though many asked about them, especially that blue boy. (Who is still my fave )

Gone to look at kitty pics...

-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Oh wow, look how they're growing up! Are you keeping any?

-

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 12:24 AM
Newborn Pup

The Santa Monica show was quite well attended. I was very impressed with the Havana Brown in the finals, What a beautiful cat! I'm always partial to Abys and there were some handsome ones. A lot of rescues were adopted there as well. Altogether a good show.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Formerly known as Lvnmycritters

I bet that was fun. I wish I could go to something like that.

We have small cat show every year but more like 50 cats and not as many breeds represented. Our Humane Society sponsers it as well and its lots of fun. Glad to hear you had a good time. Did you show your cats? If so how'd they do?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 10:00 PM
Newborn Pup

We were not showing any cats, however, a friend of ours was showing her Oriental and Abyssinian cats so we "kind of" had cats at the show. She gets too busy running from ring to ring and sometimes hands off a cat to go to a specific ring for judging.

There were about 350 cats being shown at Santa Monica. There's one judge who likes to explain to the audience at her judging ring what she is looking for in each breed (body shape, head shape, eye color, coat texture and coloring, etc.) so we learn a lot about the breeds. It's an interesting experience going to a TICA or CFA cat show and worth the time.

Tags
humane society