Charlie's Vet Trip Update - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

Wink Charlie's Vet Trip Update

well, i took charlie to the vet today and it went well. he was de-wormed and the dr. said that his anas looked fine (i thought i was poofy). then she looked at his ears and told me that they were dirty but that it didn't seem like mites (cause he wasn't scratching at them at all), but that the mites may have caused a bacterial infection. so i got some drops for him. i'm sure he'll love that. she also put some spot-on treatment on his neck for fleas, ticks and mites.
then we started talking about how much water he drinks and how much he pees. she said that a cat that drinks and pees a lot could have 3 possible problems - diabetes, liver or kidney problems. sooo...we had blood work done. i'll know the results in a few days.

overall - he was an like always! i'll keep you guys updated on the blood test results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Yeah!!! Way to go Charlie! I sure hope the tests come back clear.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

i got his results - they are clear. the vet said that his glucose level was 155 (150 is normal), but that it's not a big enough difference to worry about it. she said it could be from stress, etc. so she said not to worry about it but to keep it in mind in case he keeps drinking this much water and peeing so much.
he DID have a small pee today in the litter box. so that's good.
so overall, he's great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Miss New Booty

That's great news, Jane! I'm so glad to hear Charlie is ok and tests came back normal!

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I'm glad to hear charlie is in fine form Jane!!!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks guys!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Tha's great!! Way to go Charlie!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks lizz!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 07:03 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

Charlie is such a great cat. I wish I could just scoop him up and take him to Finland.

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 02:32 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

That's great news! I wish could adopt Charlie.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Wacky Chimpnose

thanks guys! have any texas friends?

Tags
litter box