Cheap/Affordable Cat Toys - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Cheap/Affordable Cat Toys

Can you all share your ideas of cheap/affordable cat toys that your cats/kittens absolutley loved? Would appreciate any ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Want a really cheap toy? Shoe strings from your shoes.

I'm absolutely serious, too. My cats love playing with those.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2005, 11:05 PM

Wads of balled up paper
Hollow disposable pens - make sure you remove the ink cartridge
Plastic rings from milk jugs, especially the springy ones that come in the paper cartons with the cap on the side
Paper bags from the grocery store
Big boxes with cutouts
A large 3.99 Sterilite contaniner with a big hole cut into the lid.
Little boxes with paw size holes and little goodies like a mouse of ball inside
Plastic Straws

The only one that really cost money is the sterilite container. Someone donated on to the shelter. We use it as a little cubby hole/play box for the cats. She uses them as litter boxes. She says having the hole on top keeps the cat from tracking so much litter and she only had to pay #3.99 at Walmart instead of $50 for a litter box of the same concept.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 03:40 AM
Part of the Pack

I give mine balled up papers..loves them. I have to take them away once he drops them in his water though. He also loves my hair bands. Just make sure the rubber on them is not visible and they can't get to it. I didn't know it was bad for them when he was little and he ate one...he ended up throwing up all over the house.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 03:56 AM
Wacky Chimpnose

cats are the cheapest animals when it comes to toys!!!

rolled up, tight balls of foil.
yarn
balls of paper
pen caps
an old toothbrush (no chemicals on it)
caps off of non-toxic bottles of stuff (milk jugs, water bottles)

i make little toy out of left-over material too. i just cut a rectangle, fold it over, sew 2 sides, stuff it with more material, and then sew it up. they look like little raviolies. i'm making some for kim's SPAWS group. very easy!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Miss New Booty

Ditto to what everyone said! Ginger also bats Brad's tools around!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 12:09 AM
I'm A Blonde At Heart

my cat likes balled up paper that falls out of my purse. any form of string, she plays chase with it, it chases her but i often wonder if my cat is sane. my cat loves playing with her tail i dont think she knows its attached to her body, i have seriously watched her chase that for an hour. if you want to play with your cat little scratching noises. you have to be careful with this she might get too into hunting mode and actually attack your fingers or hand or in some case wrap her whole body around my foot/arm. my cat will bat at food or maceroni or anything hard and slides. my cat also likes those plastic corcks that come out of wine bottles, i wash them off. if you cant play with your cat and she is exstreamly friskey and wants you to join in tie a bell of some sort to the door frame, make sure that they can catch it, that might distract them for a bit. if you have a lasor pointer that might work, flashlights work but not as good, but it has to be dark.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 04:27 AM
Playful Pup

Smile Wicker baskets are a flave !

Anybody here tried a feather duster ?! It's a favourite with my 2. Love newspaper or anything cardboard, they carry little bamboo canes around house. Large bubble wrap, they go nuts popping it ! Corks, ping pong balls, various jingly catnip toys, catnip sock, conkers, remote control mouse, multilevel sisal scratchpost (best buy). They've got a thing for wicker baskets, I bought several at a bargain carboot. I've dotted them all over house so they've got something to claw wherever they go, they also like to sleep in them ! Io chose to squeeze into this one... nice comfy beds in background !

~ Helen

...missing
GanMan

Click
2 Feed Animals In Need 4 Free

Tags
litter box, litter boxes