Chicken Soup for the Cat lover's Soul and thier Kitten Formula - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
SwC
Part of the Pack

Chicken Soup for the Cat lover's Soul and thier Kitten Formula

I've searched and found previous post on this product but they were old and didnt reflect how well thier cats did with this brand in the long run. Do any of you use this? I just purchased one bag for my adult cat and also a bag of the kitten formula for my 2 babies. I'd like to know if used how well anyones kitties did with this? I'm switching from the Science Diet for Kittens on the babies and the Regular Science diet for my adult female due to cost and the ingredients seem extremely good comparative to other food brands on the market. They seem to like it also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My mom feeds all her cats the Chicken Soup food and they're doing great
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Miss New Booty

I haven't tried it for my cats, only because it has salmon in it and I'm pretty sure Ginger is allergic to fish, but my dogs tried it and loved it!! Great food! I think it's an excellent choice and glad they like it!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Where, or Where Could That Fairy Be?

It gets 4 paws up here....cat, ferret and hedgehogs ate it too. I like its list of ingredients.

I have been sent a Valentine

~Annie~ B.B.- cat, Toffee-ferret and RIP hedgehogs, Prickles, Pepper, Coconut and Nutmeg
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
SwC
Part of the Pack

Thanks for the input. Now if I could only get them to eat thier own food rather than eat others LOL.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Newborn Pup

I have been doing research on catfood. Did y'all know chicken soup is made by Diamond PetFood,the same people who had a major recall of there pet food back in Dec. I read that chicken soup is made at a different plant, but there was 2 as of yet unsubstantiated
report of illness in cat and dogeating the chicken soup in Jan. So please becareful .
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
SwC
Part of the Pack

I have also spoken directly with Diamond Pets foods and that issue has been resolved. Primarily it involved the corn they obtained from another company that was tainted in one single brand (Professional I believe) they produced. Note that the Chicken Soup Brand has no corn products on it's ingredients (well at least the kitten forumula and the cat) I may get bashed on this one but they did make a major mistakes back then but I do believe have done everything possible to ensure it doesnt happen again. I also inquired regarding this particular brand and my understanding there has been NO incidence of illness brought on by Chicken Soup brand foods. Consider how many recalls there are every year on many brands of many products that are food that we ourselves eat, yet we continue to get those products once we know it's safe again. Maybe this article will help further explain http://cats.about.com/b/a/239580.htm Also after speaking with my vet he highly recommends this product over even Science Diet as it has no corn products and high levels of the omega's and l-lysine.

Last edited by SwC; 06-25-2006 at 07:39 AM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Newborn Pup

Im glad to hear that SWC. My sister and I were both considering switching food to chicken soup, but I could not find information to rule out the threat.My other choice would be nutro naturals.

~ Raelynn ~
Pround Mommy and Staff member to
Buzz and
Woody
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
SwC
Part of the Pack

My kitties seem to like it alot and while mixing with the science diet to wean they leave the kibble of the Science diet and select the only the Chicken soup pieces out. My biggest problem now is the older cat wants the kitten kibble and the kittens want big cats kibble. I'm continously having to catch them and switch them around saying "No that's not your food". If only they made one they could both eat to get the individual nutrition they need other than special ordering something high priced.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Glowing New Mommy

oh i had that issue with the kittens eatting the grown up food... i eventually just gave up and after awhile put them all on adult food...

R.I.P Tobbie
September 24, 2007
I'll always miss you!!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
SwC
Part of the Pack

I believe that's the solution I'm going to have to do here also as it's just too much trying to battle them to eat thier own food. I particularly dont want the adult kitty eating the kitten formula due as it can cause further problems with additional calories, protein etc that she doesnt need. Just for the moment I think it's important for the 8 week old at least to get the kitten formula for awhile longer. The 4 month old is already 7 pounds of "lean and mean" lol so the adult formula probably wont matter with his size anyway. He's HUGE but in length not width lol. I also add the omega 3/6 oil from the vet to the adult kitty's food although I dont think it's really needed with the Chicken soup formulas. Dont think it would hurt if they all got it also. So far no problems with this food so I beleive I'm sticking with it. It's so hard to find something not only with great nutritional value and balance but one they actually like!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Newborn Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwC
I believe that's the solution I'm going to have to do here also as it's just too much trying to battle them to eat thier own food. I particularly dont want the adult kitty eating the kitten formula due as it can cause further problems with additional calories, protein etc that she doesnt need. Just for the moment I think it's important for the 8 week old at least to get the kitten formula for awhile longer. The 4 month old is already 7 pounds of "lean and mean" lol so the adult formula probably wont matter with his size anyway. He's HUGE but in length not width lol. I also add the omega 3/6 oil from the vet to the adult kitty's food although I dont think it's really needed with the Chicken soup formulas. Dont think it would hurt if they all got it also. So far no problems with this food so I beleive I'm sticking with it. It's so hard to find something not only with great nutritional value and balance but one they actually like!
I haven't heard about the chicken soup food. What actually are the ingredients in this?

I mix grown up food with the baby food. What about the urinary formula. At what age can you add that, or is it necessary?

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-09-2006, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
SwC
Part of the Pack

http://www.chickensoupforthepetlover...products/cats/

Ingredients contain no corn products or by-products at all. Mostly fresh whole meat with loads of vitamins and the omega oils. I have all 3 on the adult forumla now but have issue with only one kitty. His poo stinks the entire house up everytime he goes LOL!!! You know when he's gone even if it's 3 rooms away. I hate to switch them due to this but may have to. The vet cant find any reason for it either. It doesnt seem to do this to the other 2 kitties.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Newborn Pup

i have tried three brands with my kitten , to see if there was any difference in her health. i tried maxximum nutrition (walmarts premium brand), authority (petsmarts brand), and chicken soup for the kitten lovers soul. she did extremely well on maxximum and authority but on the chicken soup she had really bad gas and i did not notice any improvement healthwise (her fur was actually softer on the other two brands). so now im back with maxximum nutrition.

Tags
chicken soup, pet food