CiCi wont wear her collar! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

CiCi wont wear her collar!

So, I got a collar for my cat CiCi. She doesnt mind me putting it on, but has a fit once it is. Its one of those safety release collars. I try to distract her from it once it is on by playing with her and whatnot, but i look away for one minute and she is starting at me, and the collar is on the floor! I want to get her used to it because im going to get her a tag with her name and adress on it in case she ever gets out. What do I do?? Im new at this!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

give your love no matter what.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Adolescent Pup

why don't u put a regular collar on her until she gives up trying to get it off then switch it for the release one and maybe she will not bother trying because she wont know its the release kind...
good luck

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Betta Bomb

Leave it on her. It's not hurting!! lol When I put the harnesses on my mom's cat and sister's cat last year they both acted like they were dying in a pool of hot lava. Eventually they got the idea that their silly show was simply more amusing than anything else to us and that we weren't removing them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

jojo1970.. that is a really good idea. I just dont want her to hurt herself trying to get it off. and purplehops I dont take it off.. she does! hahah. oh god this is hopeless

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Betta Bomb

bad kitty!! I would just stick a reg collar on then, I think I missed that part of your original post!! All I read was it was quick release I didn't know she was tugging it off until I just re-read it.. ^.^
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

are the regular collars safe?

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Betta Bomb

goodness yes. I mean the safety release ones are good bc they break off but the chances of kitty actually hanging himself is so little. I never once heard of a case, it's just a risk bc cats like to climb. Both my mom and sister used regular collars and regular harnesses on their cats. But if you're getting the collar for a just-in-case she gets out reason I would reccommend having her micro-chipped. If in the unfortunate event she did get out and climbed a tree and she did get it caught (which I would assume wouldn't happen given that indoor cats usually hide under things and don't climb unless chased) then the collar would fall off and the cat would remain unidentifiable.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Newborn Pup

I tried to figure this out too. My cat wont wear his either! And I wanted to put the vaccinated metal thing on it and now I can't. He HATES it. He walks around the room trying non stop to get it off and he wont stop till he does. I just gave up there was no hope

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Betta Bomb

If it's only for the id, cutestuff, then get him microchipped. And cats will get used to wearing a collar you just have to pretend you don't see (or are amused by) their dramatic antics.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

There are instances too that new collar is not scenting good for cats at first.. sometimes it takes time for them to get used to it before never minding it on their neck..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

Visit -
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Betta Bomb

Hm, flea collars should never go near a cat and reg new collars that they want to smell perhaps just put in their bed so they get used to it first.

Tags
cat, collar