Clingy Cats...and other weird quirks... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Question Clingy Cats...and other weird quirks...

What are some things your cat/s do that is weird or clingy??

My girl Asia will AT NIGHT, look at my face, CRY, trying to wake me up...then if that dont work, I see the tiny paw slowly reaching for my face to lightly scratch it and will keep it up getting harder, and harder scratching until I cannot pretend anymore and turn over. KNOWING I am awake, she will dance over to the other side, and repeat until I pet her.

Even now as I try to type, she is here crying, purring and all over...it is cute though. Oh thank god she lay down!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Adolescent Pup

Awww... thats really sweet... that what love about cats.. so far don't have one.. im allergic..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aw, my cat used to do that. I got him when I was 4 years old and he always slept right next to me. He died when I was 16 and to this day I still miss him not cuddling at night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 08:08 AM
Part of the Pack

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!

I get paws up my nose and in my mouth when i'm asleep! and if i move, thats it, she knows i'm awake!

I also have issues when i'm on a computer and she's on my lap... if i stop stroking to type things, she presses my space bar to distract me! I e n d up w i t h se n ta n c e s that look like that!

i thought cats were supposed to be independant!!!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 10:53 AM
RAT ADDICT

Hatchet isn't allowed in my bedroom at night!
But during the day he follows me EVERYWHERE! Purring and mewing and wanting attention! He is always underfoot too.I am suprised I am not dead yet,from tripping in him.

Also he acts like a dog when I go out.He will mew and paw at me,while I am getting ready to leave,it's like he says "don't leave me,take me with you".Then when I come home,he is ALWAYS in the window and as soon as I walk in,he's all over me! Just like a dog would be.

My cat doesn't seem independant at all!
He wants to be with me all the time.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Salamander Buffalokisser

Where do I start if I sleep to long in the morning or what Kramer deems to long he will jump on the bed walk up to me and start meowing if that doesn't work to get me out of bed, he head butts my arm very softly if I still dont stir he does it a bit harder then taps me with his paw, if that fails he licks my face and if I stir then he meows like crazy cause he knows I'm awake and that I will feed him is oh so beloved wet food. Kramer also won't let me go to the bathroom alone, he follows me in I think I have the only cat that responds to Kramer I'm closing the door. Any time I go outside of the apartment he jumps into the bedroom window to watch me and as soon as I get out of sight of him coming back in he runs to the front door to great me. He also will meow and meow and meow as soon as richard and I walk up to the door when coming home so in a way he is like a dog greating us. Thats about it. crazy cat

Stephanie
Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind

check out my blog:

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

Great stories. my little Kitana was my shadow. Licking my leg, and following where ever I went. Kilala, she will get in her moods and come over and bop my head than rub!! Adorable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy H View Post
I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!

I get paws up my nose and in my mouth when i'm asleep! and if i move, thats it, she knows i'm awake!

I also have issues when i'm on a computer and she's on my lap... if i stop stroking to type things, she presses my space bar to distract me! I e n d up w i t h se n ta n c e s that look like that!

i thought cats were supposed to be independant!!!
LMAO, weird CATS!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Rat View Post
Hatchet isn't allowed in my bedroom at night!
But during the day he follows me EVERYWHERE! Purring and mewing and wanting attention! He is always underfoot too.I am suprised I am not dead yet,from tripping in him.

Also he acts like a dog when I go out.He will mew and paw at me,while I am getting ready to leave,it's like he says "don't leave me,take me with you".Then when I come home,he is ALWAYS in the window and as soon as I walk in,he's all over me! Just like a dog would be.

My cat doesn't seem independant at all!
He wants to be with me all the time.
Mine are pretty independant at times but 1/3 of the waking time is spanet with me lol!!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 06:08 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

I had a kitty years ago, Spooky (aka Pooky Bear) - his favorite thing to do was lick eyelids. I'd be sound asleep and suddenly wake up to him snuffling and licking my eyelids. It was also normal to wake up unable to breathe with my face smashed into the pillow, held down by all 15 pounds of him lying on my head.

My Lizzie, who passed a couple of years ago liked to get under the covers and chew on my fingers. She was an all-around odd kitty.

Sharon
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 07:44 PM
RAT ADDICT

Cats are silly.

* Lisa *

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

my cat used to mama the stuffies...she would round them all up and try to nurse them, then she would groom them, then she would put them in bed with me and she would kneed the blankie and nurse onit next to me with all her babies lol

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

So cute and funny!!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:32 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

I love reading threads like this! My cat Mocha is definitely a "mewer"...he will climb up on me& mew til I wake up,Chai is into messing up my hair at night,I wake up with S0 many tangles! & she growls at S0CKS.She'll pick them up& if Mocha tries to steal...she'll growl

Last edited by candyraver; 06-23-2008 at 01:34 AM. Reason: i TYPO >.<!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:03 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

we are feeding sevral strays right now (we are trapping, fixing, releasing) and after 3 years the one we call shadow (long haired black kitty) has started to come to me...well yesterday I slept in a little and he got so angry his food was late lol...he meaowed so loud, then when I went out with his food he bit my pants leg dragging me to his bowl...it was so funny...slowly hes coming to love me

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

LMAO Melissa-chan!! Funny!!

Awh, sweet!!

私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 01:21 PM
RAT ADDICT

The other day,my sister was here while I went out.
I was having a washer/dryer delivered,but needed to be somewhere.Anyway Amanda put Hatchet in the bathroom while the guys were bringing the washer/dryer in,so he wouldn't be underfoot.

She said he was screaming "bloody murder" pretty much,like he was dying.Haha...she said he was so loud and it really sounded like someone was killing him or somthing.When she finally let him out,he was like "mew?" and all purring!

Drama queen much?

* Lisa *