Could this be a URI? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Could this be a URI?

My FBIL and FFIL are taking care of some friend's kittens. One of the kitten's having trouble breathing well and sounds kinda raspy, and is sneezing a lot. He says she doesn't have a runny nose, eating and drinking, and is being very lazy but still moving around however it is hot where he is too so I'm not to sure? What do yall think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 10:58 PM

It could be.

I know when I brought my cat Doodles home from the shelter, the other cats she was with were sick. She indeed later on in the week started showing symptoms of upper respiritory (sp?) and was sneezing, runny eyes, etc. The vet said she was getting over it when we brought her in, but sure enough, we had to bring her back because she wasn't getting over it like he had said she was. He had to listen to her lungs, and they were congested.

I'd have the owner take the kitten to the vet. Better safe than sorry!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 11:00 PM

The breathing heavy worries me...it could be pneumonia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Miss New Booty

Oh no, the poor kitten. Did they take her to the vet? I would be worried about the breathing, too. I hope everything is ok!!

~* Jackie *~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 09:23 AM

I was assured that being a kitten that they almost always do that when they are adjusting to a new environment.(This was from the shelter staff) A visit to the vet is always the best idea. I took Angel in and they assured me that she was not in any distress. She still sounds raspy ( 2 months later) but she only does now when she's purring but she sounds very congested to me. The vet assured me that her lungs are clear so it may just be how noisy she is when she's all happy.
Hope the little kitten is o.k. though.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

I don't know what has happened with the kitten. I haven't been able to get ahold of FBIL or FFIL at all. Our work schedules conflict so much it's not funny. I"m gonna keep trying and let yall know what happens.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

OK I finally got a hold of my FBIL. All is well with the kitten. After another day at the house she was bouncing off the walls with her sister and breathing just fine. I guess it was just the environment change but thanks for the concern everyone. The kittens are now back with their owner, and FBIL's Sugar Glider, Cricket, couldn't be happier they terrorized the poor girl lol.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Miss New Booty

That's great news! I'm so glad the kitten is feeling better and doing so well!! Thanks for the update!

~* Jackie *~

Tags
sugar glider