daughter brought home a male cat - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Cats Your scratching post for anything feline related!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

daughter brought home a male cat

Hello everyone,

I usually post on the guinea pig or degu areas, but today I have a question about a cat. My daughter supposibly found a cat at a creek behind our apartments, a beautiful male cat, about 4-5 months old I'm guessing, hasnt been neutered. I told her to leave it outside hopeing it would go back to wherever it came from, as there is many apartment buildings around, but it wont leave. It's 103 degrees outside, and he's just laying on the ground panting outside. I brought it inside to get some cool air. but it makes me nervous for many reasons, one being that I have 5 guinea pigs, 3 degus, and 2 rats, some of the cages I leave open as they like to wander around, and the other reason is that there is a no cat and dog policy in my apartments. I'm scared of him spraying, so I make him lay next to me so I can keep an eye on him. I've checked the news paper and craigslist, theirs nothing on missing cat that looks like him. the animal shelter is quite aways from me and I have no money for gas to take him there right now, as I know that would be the best idea, and they wont come get him for some odd reason. And I cant afford kitty litter or cat food til I can get money to take him to the shelter. What should I do?

I have a huge heart for all animals, i love them all so much. And I know him being a cat, it's only natural instincts to go for my rodents, and I would just die if anything happens to them. Is there anyway to stop him form spraying so I can leave him inside supervised during the daytime while it's hot? I know the humane society wont take him, they dont take strays. i dont even think he's a stray, he's very sweet and loving, my 7 year old daughter carries him around like a rag doll and he doest mind, he doesnt run from anyone. Any advise would be great, right now he just fell asleep next to me, i wish I could keep him, but I'm not allowed, and even if I was allowed, I dont have enough money, taking care of the animals i already have is quite alot of money in itself. Thanks.

-pollybug

PS, this retarded old man, my neighbor, clipped his claws so short that it bled, he said it doesnt hurt them, but I know it does, it just kills me. I dont understand how anyone could do that,grrrr, and to think he has a cat (he can have one as he has a prescription for it)i wonder what abuse he's put his cat through....

Pollybug25's pets-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rosie, Snowball, Princess, Boggart, and Taco

Ginger, chihuahua/mix

Brownie, Shihtzu

Last edited by Pollybug25; 08-20-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: spelling and "ps"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

can you go back to where she found him and check houses around there to see if they are missing him?

[/CENTER]

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I will defiently do that, but it's so hot outside right now, my body cant handle it, maybe this evening if it cools down some, thanks for that.

Pollybug25's pets-

Rosie, Snowball, Princess, Boggart, and Taco

Ginger, chihuahua/mix

Brownie, Shihtzu

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 12:35 AM

Sometimes if it was born outside you may have trouble finding where it belongs and might have to take it to the local vet.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Fashion Animal Freak :)

Try contacting local vets and shelters as you say hes friendly he may of just taken a liking to your company and won't leave! but his owners may be looking for him and more than likely if they are they would contact them two places! And as for the spraying he may be used to living outdoors and is not used to "not being allowed to pee inside" as he doesnt know! Also neut. can help male cats with spraying. But i advise you to contact vets and shelters.

Rip Novo, Mummy Loves You x
"To close your eyes will not ease another's pain."

Tags
cat, spraying, stray